To Hell With Stealth Bidding
Dec 10, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #46 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by warubozu
I agree, many times I catch myself paying way more for an item than what I originally intended to. The simple reason is that I was unwilling to loose an auction for the fear that I may never have another opportunity to score on a similar item again. Also I think greed plays a part in this. Most of the time the same item appears on Ebay again, sometimes within a few days and ends up closing at a much lower price than what I had paid for mines. You just have to be able to know when the price is too high and just say no.

After wanting a Melos SHA for nearly 9 years, I lost one on ebay to a sniper. I had bid $595 which I thought was well in excess of what it would go for, but not necessarilly what I might have been willing to pay. I was doing, of course, what all ebay newbies do, though in retrospect it was too much.

The next one that I saw came up over 6 months later. The auction ended very early in the morning, and I got up early and put a very high bid in at the last second. Fortunatly, no one else got up so I got it for $430 which at the time seemed like a great deal. Actually, it still seems like a great deal.

-d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back