To ep-630 owners and people that have listened to them
Apr 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #32 of 43
I believe you. I tried them side by side earlier. the ibuds might be bass shy but if they only had iem or canalphone comfort, they would be an upgrade to the ep630 hehehe. I just hate the buds form factor. uncomfortable and they fall off all the time

Apr 11, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #33 of 43
Weird, my EP630 seriously sound a level better than Ibuds. They even sound better than my E2C, maybe that just me, but i passed down my EP630 to my sister already. Try Denon canalphones C700 or C551.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #34 of 43
ok got the a4 techs. instantly slightly better than the creatives for a third of the price. more even highs although far from neutral, a little better bass but still bloated because the mids are still super recessed!!! at least for 1/3 the creatives price its a much better value. They fit better too. looks are similar to ue4s

Welcome to www.A4Tech.com

MK-650-3b.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #36 of 43
No IEMs for me at all!
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #38 of 43
I too bought the EP630s based on the hype and that is just what it is...hype. These EP630s have boomy undefined bass and peaky treble. No hint of smoothness -- very uneven mids. Even for under $30, these are not a bargain.

Now the im716 for $20 from Newegg -- THAT'S a bargain!

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not bad if you don't mind bloated bass and microphonic

I disagree. I've had them for two years and they sound punchy on the low end. The highs are not great at all, but what do you expect at this price point? The microphonics is completely true. If you can, find one of those cell phone earpiece clips that clips the cord onto your shirt. I've found that helps a lot.

May 29, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #40 of 43
Dell were blowing these out a few months back and I grabbed 2 pairs to use as knockarounds with my go everywhere portables (Rockboxed Sansa E280 and C250). I have to say these are pretty amazing for the money. I wore them the first time out (at work) for nearly 3 and half hours before I pulled them out! It was like there weren't there! As far as the sound, completely acceptable for work and commuting...strictly for use in portables or laptops at work. I agree about the mid-range fuzziness and the bloated bass, but completely worth it for $11 a pair (to be honest, I'd pay $25 for them now after listening to them). This is all very biased....I never inserted a IEM in my ear other than a friends Shure E2C, which I did very gingerly and for a short time.

-excellent isolation, very comfortable fit.
-a major step above cheap buds.
-they produce amazing amounts of volume.

If you buy from Dell, they come in a black box with bag and a set of 3 flanges.

May 30, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #41 of 43
i wouldnt even waste my time again listening to the ep630s. If someone wants a headphone in the 20 dollar zone i would just recommend checking out some koss cans. I got 25 dollar mac 5s years back and thought they sounded even better than portapros back then

May 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #42 of 43
Harsh, harsh, harsh. People who like narrow and aggressive-sounding phones will find them of good value, but for sonic accuracy and musical life, they're frequency values are off the scale as well as having by far the most in-my-head sound that I've ever come across for canalphones. The SF.3s were a pretty vast improvement; while they aren't as involving, they aren't nearly as fatiguing as a pair of ep630s, and far more responsive to EQ adjustments.

The ep630s may suffice with a warm player, but I strongly prefer the cheaper JVC marshmallows, modded then burned for obscene hours. They actually balance out much better than the creatives ever would, even if you have to take some extra time/effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back