To break in headphones do I need them at full volume ?
May 13, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 8
That is what I am doing but my question is can i lower the sound and keep the headphones on the stand with them playing music to break them in while I sleep ?

May 13, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 8
"Break in" or more commonly know as "burn in", is a kind of controversial topic here. Judging by @canthearyou comment, he does not believe in burn in. My personal views are a bit mixed, I personally think it is dependent on the earphone, some experience them, some (most in my experience) don't, it isn't a "you must do it" sort of thing to me. To be honest, whether it exists or not, I see absolutely no harm in doing burn in. Doesn't hurt anyone so why not right? Just don't go around arguing with people over your beliefs. For what is a "correct" burn in, just play something something at normal listening volume. If you max out the volume you might bust your driver, depending on how strong your amp is.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #5 of 8
Some builders recommend burn in some do not. The only pair that it made a difference for me was Mr. Speakers Ether-C's. 150 hours of bass heavy music at moderate to loud levels. The change in sound was not small I think it is how the drivers are made that effected it. Like @Dulalala said what is the harm. I would do it at fairly loud levels but not at max volume of a amp though.

May 13, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 8
I believe more in break-in. Pads adjusting to your head. And your ears adjusting to the sound. IMO

May 13, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 8
I believe more in break-in. Pads adjusting to your head. And your ears adjusting to the sound. IMO
Have you has a pair of Ether-C's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back