To be Total Airhead, or not to be Total Airhead....that is the question...
May 28, 2003 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HEADPHONIA

New Head-Fier
I came across this thread in the sgheadphones forums and there is this guy asking comments about HeadRoom Total Airhead, and the thread became a Porta Corda's.

There is this Porta Corda die hard dealer in there who started brainwashing everyone.

Check it out...

http://www.cryophilia.com/sgheadphon...=ST&f=2&t=268&

May 28, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 3
It was pretty funny -- a dealer of one product telling everyone who will listen why another manufacturer's product is inferior. And people are eating it up.

And some Head-Fi members wonder why we don't allow blatant PR posts on Head-Fi.

May 28, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 3
What's even funnier is that a lot of people actually think the dealer is totally unbiased. Check this out for an 'unbiased' view:

"[The] long term durability of the Porta Corda is much better because it does not use SMD parts like the Total Airhead does. In fact the Porta Corda uses much higher quality parts - from Wima caps, to silver plated jacks, switches to the Alps pot etc ad nausuem. The fact is, it is a superior product to the Total Airhead in part quality - and that's just for starters! I'm sure you are not suggesting that SMD parts are of better quality? Next we come to other parts like the cable, 120 ohm adapter, belt clip, supplied DC jack. Again, no contest. All the parts, from the cable, to the silver plated input/ouput jacks etc are better - Period! Why mention about part quality? It's for long term durability and reliability - the Total Airhead being of unknown vintage and having no warrenty left is IMO a risky buy unless it is very cheap ... The Porta Corda is also superior on another front - that of being more compatible with more headphones mainly because of the 120 ohm adapter ... The Porta Corda is more compatible to a wider range of headphones from different manufacturers."

The mere talk of "superiority" and "no contest" really stinks of snakeoil salesman crap - despite the fact that I view the Porta-Corda as a very serious and respectable product. What I can't stand is the way he smears the TAH in every way possible while declaring that his views are totally innocent. Innocent of what?

I'd really love to hear what Jan Meier thinks of such blatant smear campaigns conducted by his appointed dealers.

BTW, this guy's a Head-Fier as well, but he doesn't seem to dare start something like this here. Thank God we don't allow PR posts on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back