(To be closed) Which CD player's DAC is better - BurrBrown 1791ADBR or Wolfson?
Dec 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

U6astik

100+ Head-Fier
TO BE CLOSED

Hello everybody,

Could you please explain me whether there is any difference between two DAC-s used in two entry-level CD palyer's:

1. BurrBrown 1791ADBR or PCM1791A Burr Brown, probably same thing (in TEAC CD-P650)
  2. Wolfson (in Onkyo C-7030)

Both DAC-s are 24Bit/192khz, both players are in the same price range (with TEAC being a bit cheaper)

Which DAC is better (if possible)? And what are the differences?
I would also love if you could comment on the players themselves, beacuse I am not going to buy the DAC without a CDP.

Happy holidays!
U6astik

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hello everybody,

Could you please explain me whether there is any difference between two DAC-s used in two entry-level CD palyer's:

1. BurrBrown 1791ADBR or PCM1791A Burr Brown, probably same thing (in TEAC CD-P650)
  2. Wolfson (in Onkyo C-7030)

Both DAC-s are 24Bit/192khz, both players are in the same price range (with TEAC being a bit cheaper)

Which DAC is better (if possible)? And what are the differences?
I would also love if you could comment on the players themselves, beacuse I am not going to buy the DAC without a CDP.

Happy holidays!
U6astik

You'll probably get more and better answers by moving this issue to the Equipment Forum.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 3

You'll probably get more and better answers by moving this issue to the Equipment Forum.

Thank you for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back