To amp.. or not to amp?
Nov 8, 2005 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Senn hd212 pro's and some Shure e2c's i use dependign whether or not I feel like wearing my glasses or not. My Senn's i've heard wouldn't benefit too much from amping; but i've heard that my Shures could sound much better amped. I currently have them plugged into a 5 dollar switch from radio shack inorder to easily switch between my mx5021's and headphones. The PITA though is I have to lower the computer volume to 10% before i hit the switch or its massivly too loud for my senns (much worse from shures i'm sure due to efficiency)

A perfect solution I would think would be instead of cheap radio shack switch for changing between speakers/headphones; a decent amp with a switch on it unamped going to speakers and then amped going to headphones if i switched it on. This would save me from "wonder if this would sound differently if I was amped.." and adds the convencience of inline valume.

Any suggestions/opinions? I may just be being too picky here; and was thinking of possibly something from mister X (output from computer is audigy 2). I do plan on picking up a really nice set of cans eventually but wont fore a year or two once I get settled after school, so whether that will be a facter or not is yet to be seen. thanks

Nov 9, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 2
128+ views and no one has opinion on what amp to use with my equip or what equip i should look at; if any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back