To all the Londoners...
Oct 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunkster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its illegal to under state the value or falsely mark it as a gift anyway, although several retailers do.

Thanks for the EU suggestions, although Meier Audio have stopped selling headphones now.

Sorry about that had not seen that Meier had dropped the headphones.

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #17 of 32
iheadphones.co.uk - I like them.

Bought a few bits there & they've been excellent. Fast service, good comms.

But seeing as they charge £19.99 for Grado bowls - I'll stick to TTVJ!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iheadphones.co.uk - I like them.

Bought a few bits there & they've been excellent. Fast service, good comms.

But seeing as they charge £19.99 for Grado bowls - I'll stick to TTVJ!
biggrin.gif

Don't you like to try the phones on before you buy though?

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you like to try the phones on before you buy though?

Nah, I like the exitement of buying blind!

Plus, I usually buy cheap/used phones (no £££ for the high-end stuff) - then if I don't like (cough Bass Freqs cough) I sell em. Or try to (Bass Freqs still for sale!)

I do read up as much as I can first tho...so far I haven't gone too far wrong, and have some phones I really like (KSC75s; Grado SR60s: my current love, I think I may have to become a Grado junkie; AT CK7s)

Wish I could hear K701s tho - and afford em!

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #21 of 32
dunkster, what headphones are you thinking of ordering in particular?

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wish I could hear K701s tho - and afford em!

Your wish is my command.

I bought mine used for 120 quid. If you are patient enough I'm sure one'll pop up on the FS boards.

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 32
There is a cracking headphone shop in watford, at the market end of the harlequin centre (all of which will mean nothing to you until you go there). Anyway, they have Grados up to the RS2, and a large selection of various others. Plus it's on the tube so easy to get to from wherever... ish...

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a cracking headphone shop in watford, at the market end of the harlequin centre (all of which will mean nothing to you until you go there). Anyway, they have Grados up to the RS2, and a large selection of various others. Plus it's on the tube so easy to get to from wherever... ish...

Been there, prices are insane. From what I remember, one store sells Grados and small audio accessories, the other sells Sennheisers, speakers and Hifi gear.

£120 gets you an SR80 or an HD595.

Not good value for money.

[size=xx-small]EDIT: (Although it has been a few months since I last visited Herts...)[/size]

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dunkster, what headphones are you thinking of ordering in particular?

Not sure. It is very budget dependent, and prices seem to be varying wildly depending on where you order from, so im finding it very difficult to focus down my decisions. Would like a pair of closed phones in region of about £50. Willing to take second hand if needs be, or ebay something to make the money go further.

Dont suppose anyone knows of anywhere in Leeds with a decent selection?

Oct 12, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been there, prices are insane. From what I remember, one store sells Grados and small audio accessories, the other sells Sennheisers, speakers and Hifi gear.

[size=xx-small]EDIT: (Although it has been a few months since I last visited Herts...)[/size]

True, but at least you can audition before you buy. You pays your money and you takes your choice...

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just go there for a listen and buy online.

EDIT: Stewtheking beat me to it... by a few hours
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunkster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure. It is very budget dependent, and prices seem to be varying wildly depending on where you order from, so im finding it very difficult to focus down my decisions. Would like a pair of closed phones in region of about £50. Willing to take second hand if needs be, or ebay something to make the money go further.

Well I don't know much about other closed cans you might find in the region of £50, but the K81 can be found pretty cheap these days, probably because stores are clearing stock to get the K518 in that's replacing it (though the K518 was probably released 4-6 months ago now). iheadphones will give you them for £35 and the cheapest delivery option is £2.50 (£5 will get you next day delivery). Then if you've got spare cash you have the option of buying the HD25 velour pads for more comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back