TO ALL LD2+ OWNERS (Survey)
Nov 11, 2006 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
This is to all LD2+ owners:

I want to do a survey about the number of LD2+ owners who are experiencing or have experienced problems with their products. Since Sword_Yang stated that only a small percentage of their customers have reported to have problems, I want to prove/disprove the theory of design flaws. The result of this survey might calm or irritate many current LD2+ owners who have not yet experienced arcing or other issues such as cans getting killed.

Since I want to make this poll as bias-free as possible. Voters are able to vote for more than 1 choice. Example would be "tubes crushed during shipping, but have not experienced any problem since tube replacement" (NO and Other Problems)

Thanks y'all.

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
... to prove/disprove the theory of design flaws.

In attempts to isolate the cause of the problem on the left channel of my ld2+, I've learned a great deal. My findings and along with other reported problems led me to believe that there is a flaw at the system level, not just the bad batch of power tubes.

1. Heat is excessive compared to my 3 other tube amps, including DIY units.
2. Integrity of the assembled components.
3. Quality of the components. Tube socket is a particular example.
4. Tube flash, sparks, blown, smoke... etc

If I look at the individual cases then I have a very big question of the quality control. However, if I look from the system perspective, and know that all the components are integrated and inter-dependent from each other, a fault point can cause negative effects to others, my reduced analysis tells me that I'm dealing with a very challenging problem on this amp.

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 13
Arcing in tubes (both original and replacement tubes) and headphones and damaged a Ultrasone HFI DJ1 (replacement tubes).

Nov 12, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 13
I need to change my vote. Last night I voted "no", and this morning I turn on the LD2+ to a bright flash and pop in the right power tube. I think the methodology of this poll is flawed. Just because somebody votes "no" doesn't mean that they're not about to have problems.
tongue.gif

On the other hand, the amp still seems to work fine.

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
I need to change my vote. Last night I voted "no", and this morning I turn on the LD2+ to a bright flash and pop in the right power tube. I think the methodology of this poll is flawed. Just because somebody votes "no" doesn't mean that they're not about to have problems.
tongue.gif

On the other hand, the amp still seems to work fine.

I don't think i can edit votes for the polls. Nonetheless, polls are impossible to be bias-free. But this seems like the best method to conduct a general survey.

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 13
Yes I have. Started about 2 weeks after buying it. I've received a replacement ever since, however, and that has been working fine so far. I've also noticed that the new one makes MUCH less heat than the previous one. I'm not sure what they changed, but it seems like something

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
Am I the only person who never had problems with my LD2+?

As far as I know mine is fine. All that has happened to me is a blown tube, which I am currently waiting for a replacement for.

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
As far as I know mine is fine. All that has happened to me is a blown tube, which I am currently waiting for a replacement for.

How long have you been waiting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back