To all iPod owners with the track skipping problem:
May 20, 2003 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
My Apple contact has told me they have identified it and the problem will be fixed with a new updater due out very soon...

To my delight, my contact at Apple has responded to each and every one of my questions and concerns. Any thing else I should take up with them? They already know about the 'tick' noise and the channel reverse.

May 20, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 20
the recording is a 'new' feature that i'm sure will be added to the new remote / mic combo.

The EQ is just crappy. I don't think anything can fix it. I simply don't use it and that is my workaround
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2003 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
the recording is a 'new' feature that i'm sure will be added to the new remote / mic combo.

The EQ is just crappy. I don't think anything can fix it. I simply don't use it and that is my workaround
smily_headphones1.gif

The new remote???

Will the new remote ship with new iPods, or will it be an accessory yo have to buy...

i.e.: Should I wait for a the new remote to come out before I buy my iPod?

May 20, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 20
hmm. maybe I should have said it differently. I belive and this is all speculation, that apple will release a mic / recording product that fits into the headphone / remote jack.

I'm pretty sure they WILL_NOT bundle it with the ipod as that will probably piss off a lot of the current owners.

May 21, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 20
That's cool, it's nice to know that Apple listens

May 21, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 20
Glad to know that they're fixing things up ... I bet I'm not the only one that sent them feedback (twice now, once requesting new stuff and once a bug report) so I didn't expect a personal reply but assuming your source's reliable I'm very happy that they're addressing things and hopefully won't delay the fix until the new docks are ready ... I mean if they really really wanna release the mics, new docks and version 3.0 of the firmware then that's cool, perhaps even iTunes for windows at the time ... I mean they got the source, just gotta port and test it, plus probably add a ton of protections that'd get hacked anyhow (there's ALWAYS the curious few that'd do it)

I just hope if they really plan on having 3.0 then (it's all rumors, I couldn't care less, if it's 2.1 then fine whatever just an update) I hope they do an in-between update that just gets rid of a bunch of the "popular" bugs...then again they might wanna keep the number of the updates down. It's all good, listening to my iPod -> line out, no amp -> Koss PortaPros at this time and no it's not loud but damn it's very nice quality despite me not having any control over the volume what-so-ever ... I suppose I could use the headphone out too with the PortaPros but since I'm at home and I've been using the headphone out for the past 3 hours now might as well do some line-out VS headphone comparisons ... line-out wins
smily_headphones1.gif

Nick

May 24, 2003 at 1:14 PM Post #10 of 20
Stan, I don't know if this is what you mean by skipping but I'll explain my problem.

Many movie soundtracks today are relased as one long track but with track marks to separate them. Gladiator for example pretty much is continuous throughout the the entire CD.

The problem is when I upload these type of CDs onto the iPod, a few seconds of a track will be missing at the end. A 7:04 track that flows to the next will read 7:04 in Winamp or even Music Match. But the second this is transferred to the ipod, it becomes 7:02. I think what Apple is trying to do is making the music flow to the next track correctly but it simply doesn't work in many cases. Tracks lose anywhere between 1 to 4 seconds at the end. Please ask them if they plan on fixing this or introduce a user option if this is a setting.

May 24, 2003 at 2:14 PM Post #11 of 20
Feature request-

Good (as in not done by the guy/gal who created the EQ settings) Crossfeed option (with adjustments). Software crossfeed solutions can work (see Canz3D for an example).

May 24, 2003 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 20
Is this the same problem I'm having?
When I import a CD it almost always misses the first couple songs. I have to re-import to get all of them.
Anyone else have that problem?

May 24, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #13 of 20
How about a true resume feature. It cannot be that hard to implement.

May 24, 2003 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 20
They need to fix the problem where the last second or two of every single song is chopped off that I have on mine.

All of them play fine out of the computer. I've reset my iPod and reloaded everything twice. The end of the song is always cut short. I might as well go back to version 1.2, since the problem only exists with 1.3.

May 25, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by FrostyMMB
They need to fix the problem where the last second or two of every single song is chopped off that I have on mine.

All of them play fine out of the computer. I've reset my iPod and reloaded everything twice. The end of the song is always cut short. I might as well go back to version 1.2, since the problem only exists with 1.3.

This is exactly what's happening with my soundtracks. It doesn't happen to my songs though. It seems to try to do this for every track that's meant to play uninterrupted to the next track.

EDIT: Okay, I just heard my first 'song' which had its last 2 seconds removed by ipod. This is a major and unacceptable bug. Please past it to ipoddev when you can Stan. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back