TLE2426 - 8pin DIP--->TO92?
Oct 9, 2006 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gates_2

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So i've been building my first ever pimeta(yay). Unfortunately, I ordered the TLE in a DIP-8 config, not in the to92 config. When i went online to digikey and mouser today, neither have in stock the TO92...grr

Thus, I'd like to know if its possible to rig the DIP8 to function as the to92..... Now looking at the data sheet: http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/slos098d/slos098d.pdf

it appears that the pins are in the same alignment... So I'm thinking I can just cut off the other NC and noise reduction pins..... and stick the DIP8 in sideways to fit the slot...... I have 2 of these, so if I mess up the first one, I can try again

How does this sound?

-Michael

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 6
Jameco is OK, I order from them all the time. However, Amb carries the TO-92 version of the TLE, too. He also has both the Alps RK097 and the RK27, if you're going to use one of those and haven't ordered it yet. That way, maybe the shipping would be more easily "absorbed."

Oct 9, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 6
wholy crap

it works

god...the pimeta sounds really nice :)

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver96
If I recall correctly, this has been tried and doesn't work out for some reason. You can give it a try and if it doesn't work: You can get them at Jameco

There's no reason it wouldn't work. They are the same pins, and the same device. The NR pin does not need to be connected to anything for it to work.

Oct 10, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

There's no reason it wouldn't work. They are the same pins, and the same device. The NR pin does not need to be connected to anything for it to work.

I was only relaying someone elses experience and figured I would pass on the caution. I haven't had to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back