Tivoli vs. Klipsch
Mar 2, 2006 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Phredd

100+ Head-Fier
I read some discussions here about portable/desktop speakers for the iPod and thought I'd pay back with my own experience. I went shopping today and ended up with the Tivoli Model 2 with subwoofer. It is absolutely awesome! Some people had good things to say about the Klipsch iFi, but it doesn't even come close to the Model 2. Except for the bass, the iFi doesn't even come close to the iSongBook. Even vocals sounded mediocre. I don't own stock in Tivoli and I have nothing against Klipsch -- I fully expected top quality from Klipsch, especially at $400.

Even though the Model 2 doesn't offer any features for the iPod, run a line-out from the dock connector to the auxilliary and it's the best sound for $280. I've also previously tried the IM7 and SoundDock and this is so much better. If you want cool iPod features, the iSongBook is also very good -- my second choice, but it's missing real bass.

Phredd

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 3
Yeah man, the Tivoli radios sound incredible. They certainly aren't reference quality because they aim to be a fun sound, but they are awesome for what they do. I have an old Model One that I still listen to all the time (if ONLY radio DJ's weren't so ******* annoying).

I wish I'd gotten the Model Two with Subwoofer, but oh well. Maybe in college, if I have some extra cash... haha fat chance.

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
I wish I'd gotten the Model Two with Subwoofer...

There's always eBay. If you can manage it, it's well worth it.

Phredd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back