Tivoli CD Player
Jan 8, 2003 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BMG

New Head-Fier
Just as a matter of information I thought I'd relate my history in purchasing the Tivoli CD unit. I have a Tivoli System 2 w/subwoofer in my office and I thought the CD player would be a nice addition. I ordered one. It played regular CDs OK but it was wholly unsatisfactory with CD-Rs. It would not play some CD-Rs and some it played but it did not show any display info and I could not advance tracks. I called and returned this unit. Another unit was received today and it shares the identical problems. 2 for 2. Not a good percentage. When I called, Tivoli said they were having some problems with CD-Rs and software problems that they are working on at the "factory". If you are thinking of buying one and plan to use it with CD-Rs, you may want to wait to order. As a sidenote, Tivoli has handled the returns pleasantly, but it is suprising that they would experience basic problems with a relatively straightforward CD unit in the year 2003.
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I have had similar problems with my Tivoli Model CD. For the $200 price tag for a no frills unit, you would think they could make it work. Though I have not returned mine yet, I plan to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back