Tivoli CD Player...anybody heard it?
Dec 31, 2003 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JMedeiros

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody own one of the little wood beauties....or know more about them?

Tivoli CD Player

If not...does anybody know of the smaller footprint players which are good...Denon?

I just got my Singlepower PPX3 and it looks like this would be a perfect mate for it on my end table next to my listening chair. This amp is too beautiful looking to be lost in a stack of equipment.

More on the PPX3 later...out of the box and 1/2 hour warmup....glorious.
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Dec 31, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Yes, a number of people have inquired about this CDP, including myself, however, it looks like no one wants to take that giant leap of faith. I have the radio, which I absolutely love, but really no need for the CDP (at least for now).

Jan 1, 2004 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 11
Jan 1, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
Yes, a number of people have inquired about this CDP, including myself, however, it looks like no one wants to take that giant leap of faith. I have the radio, which I absolutely love, but really no need for the CDP (at least for now).

I just spent the $200 my Dad gave me for Christmas on a Dolby Headphone setup for the bedroom..but I may have to find a way to try and get one of these. It would look so purty with the PPX3.In the meantine Im using my portable Panny DVD player with it.

BTW...where in Maine are you located? I am considering moving back after being away 30 years....originally from Houlton/Presque Isle area...now Mom lives in Bangor.

John

Jan 1, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros

BTW...where in Maine are you located? I am considering moving back after being away 30 years....originally from Houlton/Presque Isle area...now Mom lives in Bangor.

John

I'm about 1/2 hr outside of Portland in the rapidly growing town of Buxton. I've lived in Maine most of my life, and never been up to the County. I guess a road trip this summer would satisfy my curiosity. I love Maine, but the taxes suck. Maine is vacationland as well as taxationland
mad.gif

Jan 1, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
I would have bought it.....but I am too invested in SACD now.

Very good point......I am too.

Jan 1, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Hajime
This post on AudioAsylum makes me think it might be smart to wait till Tivoli comes out with a different model.

Oh my...well that settles that...thanks for the heads up!

Jan 5, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #10 of 11
FYI:I wrote Tivoli expressing my concerns based on reviews read of this player and here is the response I got..it came with 24 hours too. Nice customer service, I'd say.

Good day, Mr. Medeiros.
Thank you for your interest in Tivoli Audio. We are always considering ways to improve upon our products regardless of whether there are problems or not. In the case of Model CD, we have tighted our quality control standards including extended testing times and requiring 100% hand inspection by an outside agency (at considerable expense) of EACH unit before it ships from the factory. Although these steps cannot guarantee zero defects, it has dramatically reduced the number of defective units that make it out there. Plus, we are the kind of company that stands by its products and its customers. We will work with you to resolve any issues you may encounter with any of our models. Our success is due in no small part to superior customer service and positive word of mouth.

Cordially,
Peter Skiera
Tivoli Audio

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #11 of 11
Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to use one of these since the last post to this thread. Supposedly Tivoli has revamped the production of this line (the defects are now very infrequent) and I was considering purchasing one of these for use at work (w/amp).

Anyone have any feedback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back