Titanium Hd console launcher vs Windows sound properties - Speaker configuration
Oct 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fluidz

100+ Head-Fier
If you own a Titanium Hd would you please test something out for me, i'd appreciate it alot.

Turn all dts/dolby/digital features off.  Open up windows sound options and set the speaker mode to 2/2.1 speaker mode.
Open up Creative's console launcher, first of all switch it to Entertainment mode, followed by switching to game mode, speaker config - select headphones and turn on X-fi CMSS-3D.  Bear in mind you're now in headphone mode, or at least think you are.
Go back to windows sound settings and check your speaker configuration, what does it say? 5.1?

Before you think, ah it's because I enabled cmss-3d, it isn't. If I now switch to Audio creation mode, turn on bitmatched playback, speaker mode 2/2.1 speaker, head back into windows sound options, it still reads 5.1

Does it make a difference if creative's console launcher is set to headphones/2.1 and windows reports 5.1? 

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Turn all dts/dolby/digital features off.  Open up windows sound options and set the speaker mode to 2/2.1 speaker mode.
Open up Creative's console launcher, first of all switch it to Entertainment mode, followed by switching to game mode, speaker config - select headphones and turn on X-fi CMSS-3D.  Bear in mind you're now in headphone mode, or at least think you are.
Go back to windows sound settings and check your speaker configuration, what does it say? 5.1?

Does it make a difference if creative's console launcher is set to headphones/2.1 and windows reports 5.1? 

I did all that, but windows reported stereo before and after doing that, it didn't changed to 5.1.

I did put it to 5.1 and stereo and 5.1... but hearing music i didn't notice any change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back