Tired of slow server? Become a contributing member.
Jan 24, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Servers and bandwidth don't grow on trees. If you value this forum I encourage you to become a contributing member to help the site continue to function and have the budget for software and hardware upgrades.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/payments.php

There are 4 different plans costing $20, $50, $75, and $115 for an entire year. These plans offer various bonuses including larger pm box (up to 2000) and the top 2 plans eliminating virtually all advertising.

I had been intending to do this for the last few weeks and I just never remembered at the right time, until I just got myself a tier 3 plan. No ads is super nice and I've done my share to keep this forum going.

Chris

Great thread, Maxvla.

I was wondering where Head-Fi hid their "contributing member" information. Looked around, could not find it. Searched the FAQ, could not find it. Searched Head-Fi for "contributing" and found your thread. Why make this information so difficult to find?

I suggest Head-Fi prominently display "Become a Contributing Member" links throughout Head-Fi. I did not find a "suggestions" forum or link to post this in, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this will help boost the contributing membership. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thinks that any form of contribution should enable you to get rid of the adverts.

My screen is 1920x1200, its too wide anyway.
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Under your user preferences you can move the bar to the right side.

Must be a contributor feature. I don't see it.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

2008-07-12 UPDATE: An additional feature just added for Contributing Member 2's is the ability to choose a forum style set that relocates the left-side content/advertising bar to the right side (some have expressed they prefer right-side to left-side placement). To choose the different styles, look to the far bottom-left on most forum pages, and you'll see a drop-down menu with the available style choices you can select.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your thread. Why make this information so difficult to find?

It is just there. At the top of your page!
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great thread, Maxvla.

I was wondering where Head-Fi hid their "contributing member" information. Looked around, could not find it. Searched the FAQ, could not find it. Searched Head-Fi for "contributing" and found your thread. Why make this information so difficult to find?

I suggest Head-Fi prominently display "Become a Contributing Member" links throughout Head-Fi. I did not find a "suggestions" forum or link to post this in, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this will help boost the contributing membership. Thanks!

It is displayed in text with a link at the top in the blue banner area of every forum page
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is level 1 and 2 I think.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It could be, but try scrolling down to the very bottom of the main page Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio and look on the left side of your screen for a drop down menu to change the ads to the right side of the screen. If you don't see it then it must be a members option only.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to pay for my postcount to be +1 above Krmathis for as long as my donation lasts.

Are you sure that you want the responsibility and burden that come with being crowned Head-Fi's most prolific poster? Also, in this economy, I can't imagine that it is an easy task to fund the posting factory in India to maintain the title. That's probably what happened to jahn.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to pay for my postcount to be +1 above Krmathis for as long as my donation lasts.

He he
That will cost you!
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #29 of 32
yeah baby..paid up until 4/09!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back