Tired of ipod: ZEN TOUCH/Karma 2?
Jun 11, 2004 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jpo245

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, i'm tired of my ipod.
1. for some reason, i much prefer the creative sound.
2. im tired of 5-6 hr battery life.
3. Im tired of ONLY mp3/aac

I use my muvo2 much more than my ipod now too!

Any comments on getting the new creative ZEN touch?
-24 hr battery life!! THIS IS AMAZING
- trademark creative sound which i love
- wma/mp3/possible ogg upgrades
- it has a touch sensitive control as well!!

Karma 2
- good sound
- lots of features,
- no other info.....

anyone else here tired of darn ipod?

Jun 11, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 5
hmm i dunno, but my preference is for the creative sound...
i guess i don't like too flat sounding players

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedigreeE
Nope, it has an amazingly flat response and is the best sounding player I have heard to date. It is much more detailed than the Zen Xtra when I compared it to my iPod using the UE-10 PROS. Sure it has its fualts, skipps and what not sometimes, and the battery, but it is still the best.

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Sorry... I emailed creative the other day about format support. They said "we have no plans at this time". I'm sick of their ******** so I'm probably going for the karma2. The ipod doesn't sound too hot though, I agree. How can they boast about sq whenthey only offer support for lossy mp3s? What?

Jun 11, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 5
The iPod offers support for uncompressed, just like the other players as well as lossless (which the Creative's don't. yet). The SQ is indeed practically as good as a $300 CD player out of the line out jack (except the CD player will hae a higher Line Out power... but the overall felt quality won't be that different), and also debatably out of the headphone jack when a high-impedance phone is used (<>100 ohms with decent efficiency).

I like the Creative headphone-out sound too, but over the year that I've had various incarnations of the iPod I have to say it has caught up a bit and I think it's become largely a non-issue for me after I took steps to remedy the bass fall-off with low impedance phones. The iPod is still the best in terms of a software-hardware music listening solution and you might like to look into some alternative headphones. Also a large part of you preferring the Muvo2 has to be it's portability surely? My Mini gets far more use than the regular iPod for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back