Tired of chasing. Wide soundstage with adequate bass and comfort
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #16 of 25
Do try the Hifiman HEX V2 or Hifiman Ananda. They have a big and airy soundstage while still giving you sub bass/lower mid bass thump.

Jun 24, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 25
You should look at the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home. Very comfortable ear pads, low clamping force, good soundstage, big bass, warm sonic signature.

Jun 24, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #18 of 25
Hd800S with a great server and for fun th900 fully modded to la900 to add width. The thump is to die for. course its what I got so what do i know

Jun 24, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #19 of 25
Would have too be open. They look interesting but worried about that headband. Looks very similar too my AR-H1 which is a bit concerning. Reading some reports on them. I'm worried these will kinda blend in with that one and my he 500s. Really hard too say. But I wasn't really aware of this pair in particular. Seems a bit more on the expensive side here, around 900. Thank you for the suggestion, will look more into it for sure.

On another note. I wonder how the MDR Z7 would feel for me. They are available quite cheap but I am worried they will not feel as open as I would like in the sound. Same goes for the Nighthawks which I can also get quite cheap second hand. In fact, I can get both of these for under 500. But that is a bad idea. God I hate looking into this stuff sometimes lol.

Third edit actually but, I reckon the MDR Z7 and the nighthawks would be decent buys and pretty comfortable as well. But they are not entirely what I am after and would end up with the same feeling most headphones give me after a month..
I'm confused. You said they would have to be open, but mention the Mdr z7, and there are a few other closed back suggestions in the thread. The Nightowl is a great can, and while it presents a somewhat out of your head experience, it's still a closed can. What is your source? Are you able to drive planars to their full potential? I'd likely opt for the 660s, unless you can afford the 800. But, I also prefer dynamic drivers. On the cheap, the Hi Edition S punch above their price, and have a relatively wide stage. You may also like the Phillips Fidelio X1. I much preferred it to the X2.

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 25
I was able too get the MDR 7 extremely cheap comparatively too what I can usually get here. But they are not an option, just one of those things that felt too good to pass up. I do think the nightowl can be interesting but people seem too recommend those ones more than the Nighthawks. Both were relatively close here second hand.
As for if I am able too drive them...well I would say my Fiio is not up too the task, my audio gd seems too be. My AR-H1 sounds really good out of them. Same goes for my HE-500 but I never really use them anymore. They need some new pads badly. Probably a headband too.

But I do think that the wise option would be too order the 800. It does seem like it is what I am truly after. AKG seems too be have some interesting offers as well but most seem too fall short comparatively other offerings. Fidelio X1 is interesting, have not seen that one mentioned a lot. I'm obviously not expecting my next pair too be the end but I would like too save some money and interest for quite a time now.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #22 of 25
I...bought the HD800s. I'm weak. I love them. Exactly the sound I was looking for...but what the hell is wrong with me. Hopefully this bug will leave me alone for some months now.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #25 of 25
Have you tried the Sony Z7m2, according to many people it has wide soundstage, great comfort and good bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back