Tired of Beats and want a real headphone
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #32 of 39
Just spent some time with the V-Moda V80. Man, these are great phones for the dub-step crowd.  Just eggselent!

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #33 of 39

Quote:
I dont trust ebay so amazon is good but thats a one nice looking headphone i admit.
I will cry for real if it got scratched thats for sure. how do they sound without amp tho?

Its a bit more expensive on amazon, but if that price is good with you then whatever floats your boat!

Straight out of my S:Flo2, they sound quite amazing. There are a few tracks that sound a bit awkward (Goldfrapp - Tip Toe). Any current iPod is very comparable in performance to the S:Flo, but I prefer S:Flo by a tiny margin.

My iBasso D4 Mamba makes it sound even better than the S:Flo, correcting the problems I hear in "Tip Toe". To be fair, it is only a minor improvement, but it is noticeable in certain cases. I'm not sure how it scales with high end amplification though, since I've never tried.

More info on it:

It is in a perfect area for sensitivity/impedance, meaning that even weak devices can power it perfectly fine while it will not have any hiss or channel imbalance even at very low listening volumes.

However, it does have an issue with balance across the spectrum. At very low listening volumes, the bass is underwhelming, but at high volumes, the bass is overarching and overtakes the music.

Hope this helps!

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #35 of 39

Quote:
Its a bit more expensive on amazon, but if that price is good with you then whatever floats your boat!

Straight out of my S:Flo2, they sound quite amazing. There are a few tracks that sound a bit awkward (Goldfrapp - Tip Toe). Any current iPod is very comparable in performance to the S:Flo, but I prefer S:Flo by a tiny margin.

My iBasso D4 Mamba makes it sound even better than the S:Flo, correcting the problems I hear in "Tip Toe". To be fair, it is only a minor improvement, but it is noticeable in certain cases. I'm not sure how it scales with high end amplification though, since I've never tried.

More info on it:

It is in a perfect area for sensitivity/impedance, meaning that even weak devices can power it perfectly fine while it will not have any hiss or channel imbalance even at very low listening volumes.

However, it does have an issue with balance across the spectrum. At very low listening volumes, the bass is underwhelming, but at high volumes, the bass is overarching and overtakes the music.

Hope this helps!

I see, but seems u use amps with ur headphones and mp3 but I'm not an amp fan. It feels annoying walking around with so many devices. 
But i do heard that S:Flo2 is a great mp3 player. I only have J3 but I don't use an amp with it. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #36 of 39

Quote:

I admit that the V-moda looks nice but not sure how they sound like so I don't know if they really are good headphones or not 

They sound great. Big tight bass, nicely clear highs without being harsh. Good stuff.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #39 of 39

Quote:
I see, but seems u use amps with ur headphones and mp3 but I'm not an amp fan. It feels annoying walking around with so many devices. 
But i do heard that S:Flo2 is a great mp3 player. I only have J3 but I don't use an amp with it. 

I only use the Mamba at home; I hate portable amps too.

Besides, as I noted, you get almost the same performance with an iPod, which I doubt will beat a J3.

Its up to you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back