Tired of Beats and want a real headphone
Oct 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #16 of 39

Quote:
which model tho?

If the bass on the XB500 was only "ok," you're going to hate the Grados.  Grado's house sound is more focused on reproducing electric guitar, so the bass is not a key component.  It's there, but no Grado could be called a basshead can.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #18 of 39
Try looking at the ath-mk2's. I've heard good things about them. Pick one up for $150 and a nice new MK2 or a e9/e7 combo for the same price and have a good set up.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #19 of 39

Quote:
Try looking at the ath-mk2's. I've heard good things about them. Pick one up for $150 and a nice new MK2 or a e9/e7 combo for the same price and have a good set up.

oh i've heard of these headphones too, but the e9/e7 thing is an amp right? whats the point of an amp anyway? 
and I might sounds weird but I checked V-moda and Skullcandy headphones but I think most people hate these two the same way they hate Beats. are they that bad?

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 39

Quote:
oh i've heard of these headphones too, but the e9/e7 thing is an amp right? whats the point of an amp anyway? 
and I might sounds weird but I checked V-moda and Skullcandy headphones but I think most people hate these two the same way they hate Beats. are they that bad?

Skullcandies are not really hated around here. The aviators are in fact very good to my ears. V-moda is loved compared to the Beats

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #21 of 39

Quote:

Skullcandies are not really hated around here. The aviators are in fact very good to my ears. V-moda is loved compared to the Beats

seriously? pls tell me more. I tried the brown aviators and it was a killer next to xb500. if it is this good i might consider one but i want to know more about its SQ and the V-moda too.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #22 of 39

Quote:
seriously? pls tell me more. I tried the brown aviators and it was a killer next to xb500. if it is this good i might consider one but i want to know more about its SQ and the V-moda too.

Tyll from InnerFidelity and Jude both had very nice things to say about the Aviators. Although some people have been complaining about the apparently bad build quality. (the cable is a bit thin)

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
Tyll from InnerFidelity and Jude both had very nice things to say about the Aviators. Although some people have been complaining about the apparently bad build quality. (the cable is a bit thin)

I do agree with the cable, very thin and feels easy to be damaged. Build was ok not as sturdy as the Pros I admit but still better than the Studios.
Do they leak much tho?

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #24 of 39

Quote:
I do agree with the cable, very thin and feels easy to be damaged. Build was ok not as sturdy as the Pros I admit but still better than the Studios.
Do they leak much tho?

I just tried them again, being a closed cans they don't leak so much noise. There is still a bit of leakage though. They destroyed the Solo HD and sounded a bit better than the HDJ 500

Oct 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #25 of 39

Quote:
I just tried them again, being a closed cans they don't leak so much noise. There is still a bit of leakage though. They destroyed the Solo HD and sounded a bit better than the HDJ 500

i see, i'm going to find a store that has them to try them again and make sure its good. do u think aviator can be better than D2000 tho?

Oct 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 39
ATH-ES10

One of the most beautiful headphones in the world, if you want to compare looks to Beats. They are quite tanky, but if you care for aesthetics, you have to take GOOD care of them because its titanium housing scratches VERY easily.

They cost between the price of a studio, and detox. I've A/Bed my pair versus the studio under same conditions (iPod, in an Apple store) and the difference is night and day. If you like Beats, the ES10 also has an above average amount of bass, but it is far more refined.

The best place to look is Ebay. You will need to important them for Japan, so it costs about $400 incl. shipping.

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #29 of 39

Quote:
ATH-ES10

One of the most beautiful headphones in the world, if you want to compare looks to Beats. They are quite tanky, but if you care for aesthetics, you have to take GOOD care of them because its titanium housing scratches VERY easily.

They cost between the price of a studio, and detox. I've A/Bed my pair versus the studio under same conditions (iPod, in an Apple store) and the difference is night and day. If you like Beats, the ES10 also has an above average amount of bass, but it is far more refined.

The best place to look is Ebay. You will need to important them for Japan, so it costs about $400 incl. shipping.

I dont trust ebay so amazon is good but thats a one nice looking headphone i admit.
I will cry for real if it got scratched thats for sure. how do they sound without amp tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back