Tips on Inserting & Using Customs...
Dec 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all. I hope you holidays are going well so far.

I'm supposed to be getting my customs sometime today in the mail anytime now. It is only 3 PM so should come soon. I got my Triple.Fi 10 made into Customs via Fisher Hearing (InEarZ)

I'm wondering if all of you custom owners would give me info on Customs in general, care, use. Things to possibly do different over usual IEMs or buds. I also have never used a custom ever so I was hoping a few had advice on the best way to insert them into your canal. Do I use a twisting method and twist it into place, or what??

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 10
Honestly I think everyone is going to be a little different on how to put them in your ear. Besides, part of the fun will be that first ten minutes of figuring it all out. Just remember, you might make your ears sore the first day messing with them but that doesn't mean they don't fit. You will adjust to them a little. Don't make a rash judgment on anything. Give it time. If in a few days things aren't right then perhaps you need a refit or whatever. Other then that I dont do anything special with mine.

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to mess with em. And ya I bet it will be fun. I got my AD900's last night also.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 10
Easiest way for me is to stick the nozzle in your ear with the monitor rotated forward quite a bit once the tip is in rotate it backward as it slips down in your canal and then push into your ear so that the Helix?" Not sure on the terminology i could be wrong on that, part slips into the hole in your ear. Taking them out is the hardest part in my eyes. Have to pop it out of the outside indention in your ear and twist them out forward reverse of how you inserted.

I wipe mine off everytime i take them out on the nozzle with a microfiber towel and some alcohol if they are pretty dirty. I clean out the inside of the nozzle about once a day or every other day just lightly scraping the sides to get as much wax out as possible.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Yaya!!!! I'm listening to my new tf10 customs. They are ohh so b e a utiful.

Yea I used that method after trying and thinking there's no way in he'll these large things are going in my ears. Started forward angled and twisted backwards as they slipped in then opened my mouth, pulled up on my ear and it slid right in. (sounds dirty)

so far I'm highly impressed with both sound and looks of these fishers. What an amazing seal.

Any other input on customs is welcomed. I'll make sure i clean em often

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 10
Did the sound sig change at all? Are you gonna post up some pics?
I cant decide if I want to reshell my IE40 or save $ and get the JH13.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 10
Well, I didn't get tons of time to listen, but to be honest the sound seems more IN my head, witch it is because the TF10 didn't go in very far before.. I feel like it has a slightly larger soundstage, as well as slightly better bass. and the TF10 already has some amazing bass. I actually really, really like the sound of it.

The sound barely changed. but it changed for the better. I felt like the low's and mid lows were slightly better.. overall it's a small change that is very welcomed. I'm really liking them. but only used for about 30 minutes, later tonight I'll wear em again, and tomorrow they'll get 45 mins. Slowly break my ears in. but so far I think they just might work without a refit.. the left side does seem a little more "filling"

I'll throw up pictures tomorrow or the next day. I want to use some natural light and not my camera flash so people can get a good sense of the true see through blue.. but here are the ones Kaysen sent me.. I got a new cable, so the stock TF10 cable will be getting removed.. They look great, no bubbles, no debris in the mold. I'm really impressed.

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #9 of 10
How did you guys know if you needed a remold or not? My right piece fits perfectly but I feel a small bit of pressure on the helix? area of my left ear. I'm not sure if a remold is necessary and am afraid the fit might get worse. I can wear these for hours but the pressure on the left ear is always noticeable.

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #10 of 10
I have the Fisher customs and I'm not sure what's going on but removing the IEMs from my left ear is extremely painful. I've tried pull them straight out, rotating them a bit forward before removing and every time it hurts like heck. Do you think it's just the way my ear canal is shaped? No problems inserting or removing the right IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back