tips on how to colour in/fill audio technica logo on ATH M50
Jul 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #16 of 23
ok, i went out and bought a can of spraypaint tday from my local hardware store.. 10 bucks a can... quite expensive..
anyway, just a heads up and a quick request for tips on spraying(stuff like applying many thin coats etc) before i get stuck in and give it a go on my m50's.

yea i realised i should have bought a lighter shade of silver after i walked out of the store but oh well..
its called "bright chrome" by dulux, an aussie brand.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #17 of 23
Cool, let us know how it goes.

As far as the light coats, theres not much to it. Just press the nozzle for a split second while doing a sweeping motion about 8" away from the surface (or whatever distance recommended on the can's instructions). Lighter coats are more forgiving than drippy heavy coats. Be sure to test on scrap pieces before doing the real deal.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #18 of 23
ah thats the thing, i also need something to test on which has the similar feel and build of the plastic used on the headphones...
i cant think of anything like it besides my computer monitor (lol) which i am in no position t spraypaint haha..

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #21 of 23
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #23 of 23
I was actually thinking about the print on her headphones (I'm guessing you are meaning the entire picture), but that is actually an awesome idea. Too bad I don't have the artistic skills, patience or gear to do something like that =/

I was thinking along the lines of making cutouts and spraying in layers since it's a simple pattern with solid colors and there are plenty of vectors to pick from.

(Maybe I should make this into it's own post xp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back