Tips larger than sony hybrid L for TF10?
Mar 2, 2010 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moonblade

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

As a budding audiophile, I pounced on the $100 TF10 deal a few months back. Unfortunately, I've been having some trouble getting them to stay in my ears - not due to the much-derided fit of the TF10s, but rather due to the fact that I apparently have enormous ear canals. None of the TF10 stock tips were big enough, with the exception of the large silicone tips, which were okay (but not shaped very well). Sony Hybrid L tips are better, but not ideal.

My last pair of in-ears was an RE2, and I have been using those with homemade (very large) foam tips. Based on inspecting those tips after removing them, my ear canals (all the way in) are just a bit narrower than the widest bit of a decompressed foam earplug. The foam tips solution is great for long stretches of listening, but breaks down when I need to frequently remove/replace the tips (i.e. work), so those are out.

Any ideas?

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 4
This is interesting, as I've just crowned the FX500 as the paramount king of my IEM collection, displacing my IE8s. Anybody have a head-to-head comparison?

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I also have Triple-fi's and huge ear canals. Also had same problem.
Try the Comply T-500 (or TX-500) large tips. They aren't thicker so much as long. As a result, they enter the bend in my ear canal and fill it. Since I got these, my Trips finally fit great. (I also use the reverse mod which I highly recommend.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back