Tips keep sliding off when taking IEMs out of ear
Feb 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vrillusions

New Head-Fier
I have the Meelectronic A151.  Like them but more and more I find I'll be taking them out and the silicon tip slides off the tube and I have to dig in there to take it out.  I have wiped the tube with rubbing alcohol and just used soapy water on the tip since I heard somewhere alcohol isn't good for silicon.  I use the bi-flange tip that came with it.  I noticed it always seemed to slide around even when I first put it on.  The only thing I thought of trying was finding some really small zip ties.  Went to a couple hardware stores and couldn't find any small enough.  Are there any other tricks to get them to stay on? thanks.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 4
I had that problem after a while with OEM tips on Fischer DBA-02's. The solution for me was to use Shure grey soft flex tips instead (I prefer single flange silicon tips). I've also used those on the A151's from the start with no issues.

I'd recommend wiping the outside of the nozzle with alcohol after any other cleaning to remove any residue or oils. Then wait a minute or two for the alcohol to evaporate before installing tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back