Tips for triple.fi 10 pro phones?
Feb 9, 2007 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Trager

500+ Head-Fier
I have rather small ear canals, and the tips that come with the triple.fi 10s relaly don't fit very well... The best I've been able to do is reverse the headphones and use the foamies, but the UE foamies are pretty uncomfortable. Has anyone had any luck with finding other tips that fit and don't totally screw up the sound? I really wish Comply made foamies that fit these phones -- I'd love to see how they sound with some decent isolation.

Feb 10, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 15
I dont think the design really isolates like you might hope. They will never compare to the Ety ER-4 in this way imo. The benefit to this design is the relative ease with which you can insert/remove them. I just received mine a few days ago, so still just playing with them, trying to find the best tip myself. Can't really help you with the tips, sorry.

Mar 18, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 15
The grey tips from UE seal much better than the black tips that come with the triple.fi's. The grey tips are softer and just seal better for some reason.

Call UE and tell them that you can't get a seal...I'll bet they will send you some soft grey tips for free. UE customer service is great when it comes to things like this.

Mar 19, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 15
Actually, I did do that, and I have two bags of the grey tips now. I just didn't find them that comfortable, and I just couldn't get over hte midrange recession. It just wasn't worth keeping them, comparing the sound to my ER-4P phones and considering the price.

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 15
I guess the fit is a trade-off. I find the Etys an absolute pain in the a** fit wise unless you stay still.

Triple Fi 10 Users: Do they leak sound at high volumes enough to annoy someone next to you?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair. While I have heard a couple posters say the midrange is recessed, most of the reviews I read say they are light years better than Super Fi Pro. If that's the case they must be fantastic!!!

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 15
I got Super.fi 5 pro, I use custom made foamies(EARSOFT) which I can also recommend, it is a very cheap and yet effective option. Isolation is superb and so is comfort.

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got Super.fi 5 pro, I use custom made foamies(EARSOFT) which I can also recommend, it is a very cheap and yet effective option. Isolation is superb and so is comfort.

Where you get those from ?

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 15
Sell your triple.fi and get some customs. Best move I have made in this business. I tried all the tips with my Shures and Etys. I could get a seal, but they would become uncomfortable in half an hour or constantly need reseating.

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by toomtaam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where you get those from ?

Drugstore, you can also get them at earplugstore.com. You can have them in for hours and your ears won't feel any discomfort.

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell your triple.fi and get some customs. Best move I have made in this business. I tried all the tips with my Shures and Etys. I could get a seal, but they would become uncomfortable in half an hour or constantly need reseating.

Definitely agree with this one. I used to get a great seal with my e500's and they were quite comfortable too. But, I found myself constantly adjusting them and taking them out every hour or two to give my ears a break. With customs, you just "set it, and forget it" (I know, that's really bad).

With the FS mod, I found the fit and comfort much, much better, but I could never get a really great seal. Not sure why?

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely agree with this one. I used to get a great seal with my e500's and they were quite comfortable too. But, I found myself constantly adjusting them and taking them out every hour or two to give my ears a break. With customs, you just "set it, and forget it" (I know, that's really bad).

With the FS mod, I found the fit and comfort much, much better, but I could never get a really great seal. Not sure why?

I've gotten the best(?) possible seal with the black ultra soft flex sleeves from Shure.

Mar 20, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are Triple Fi Pro's physically the exact same size as the Super Fi pro (use same housing case) so fit will be same?

The snouts are the same size. The driver housing of the triple.fis is slightly larger than the super.fis, but not very much at all.

Mar 20, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With customs, you just "set it, and forget it" (I know, that's really bad).

You can achieve that with custom foamies too
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back