Tips for new experience in HI-FI and choice of headphones
Apr 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cloudheaven

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I'm here because I want to start to shake off years of bad listening experience
and take the first steps into a world that I was always passionate,
but that does not I've never had the pleasure to follow as I wanted!
Now we come to the doubts and the questions to ask.
I'm starting to get interested in the world of hifi , especially in headphones
and here begins doubt that only those who have experience can dissolve.

I am looking for a headphone HIFI up to € 150 or so, my research at the moment dwell on :
- Denon AH- D1100 : 60 €
- Creative Aurvana Live 2 ! : 100 €
- Sennheiser HD 518 : 100 €

Of course I can consider other models and brands for that price range or a little more if it is really worth it.

The characteristics of the HIFI headphones I'm looking for are:
- Best possible quality in their price range, they're going to play preferably FLAC 24/96
- Predisposition to long listening sessions, from 4 to 8 hours a day, so quite comfortable
- Clear tone with good low frequency present but not overdone
- Possibly closed design (without sacrifice too much the quality of listening, or I can go for open design)

The headphones will be driven primarily via smartphone or PC, so I can buy a DAC amplified dedicated, 
the music genres that will reproduce roughly divided between :
60 % Rock, Hard Rock - 10% Funk - Electronics 10% - and the remaining divided between various genres.
I ask advice to those who have more experience of listening and maybe knows several HIFI headphones,
because, unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to try the products and their features!
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :) and sorry for my poor english!

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 2
Have you seen Innerfidelity's Wall of Fame lists? These could give you some ideas: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame

Also the headphone listed in your budget range in the Head-Fi buying guide: http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back