Tips for my Shure E4
Oct 10, 2006 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cetoole

1000+ Head-Fier
I really enjoy my Shure E4 IEMs, and use them for extended periods of time (6 hours so far today, and 3 more to go until my next class). The only problem I have is with the tips, which wear out. The absolute favorite of mine so far were these kind of tapered orange foamies, completely different than the yellow ones that come with the E4. I got these when I bought the E4 from another member here, but dont know what they are called, or where to buy them. These were extremely comfortable, fit great, sounded amazing, and blocked almost all microphonics. Basically, the perfect tips. When I was using Ety ER6i, they came with a pair of foamies which looked like this, but alas, I never used them, being quite happy with the stock triflanges. I know Shure doesnt make these tips, but which ones from another company fit?

I liked the triflanges I had on my Ety ER6i a bunch, but Shure triflanges are expensive, and I dont know if they feel the same as the Etys. Are they worth picking up?

I hate the clear flex sleeves, and the soft flex sleeves which worked well for my E2c dont for my E4.

My last pair of foamies (yellow
frown.gif
) are near the end of their life, so I need recommendations quick of what to get to replace them. Ideally I would love more of the nice orange foamies, but are there others I should look at, and where can I get the orange ones?

These Etymotic Foamies from Headroom look almost exactly like the tips I loved so much, but I dont know if they really are the same. The ones I had fit snugly, about the same as the stock shure foamies. They also look like these tips from Westone, called Comply Canal Tips.

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 9
The Westone "Comply" foam tips fit very well, and are my favorites with Shures. They come in two sizes; the shorter version is the one that fits the Shures. I'm not sure if that is what you had or not, but they are orange-ish (peach colored actually).

Here's a link with pictures from Earphone Solutions:
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/cocatiforum2.html

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the info ComfyCan. I suspect that the short version of those tips is what I had with my E4 that I loved so much. Do you happen to know where the best place to get them is? Still, $10 is quite reasonable, and the last pair I had lasted me a few months, so that $10 will hopefully get me near a year of bliss.

Oct 11, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 9
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Best-Foam-Sl...QQcmdZViewItem

I bought these for my E3C and E2C and find them much more comfortable then the foam ones and just as durable. They dont like they fit when you first get them so read the little instuctions lol. I did buy 10 pairs though...

pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back