tips for increasing sound quality of an ipod
Sep 26, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #76 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is it is called Ivolume works with itunes directly and very easy. Around the 90db setting for eq or 96 and leave it off

I could be mistaken, but I think iVolume only adjusts the volume playback of the track, not the gain of the file itself (think smaller wave amplitude), and the iPod handles the volume setting post-EQ, so it's not going to get rid of the distortion. I don't know of anything for Mac that works with lossless files other than manually doing it yourself in an audio editing program, which would be a considerable pain in the ass. I personally use aacgain/mp3gain activated from the iTunes scripts menu for all my lossy files.

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #77 of 86
Yeah, it probably would be common knowlege if there were a gain reducing program for mac or pc for people to use with their ALAC files.

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #78 of 86
Use aacgain to adjust the gain on your mp3's and aac files.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #81 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a line-out dock cable + portable amp. I found the headphone out of my iPod Video 5.5G to be simply poor quality (and quite the reason why so many people out there listen so loud to their iPod - to eke out the best sound they could, unfortunately at the risk of their hearing). The difference is simply astounding.

Hi!
I'm sorry for quoting a post on page 1 of this thread.

I am in the same position as the OP except I have an ALO cryo dock to use with my headphone amp. My question concerns the EQ settings of the ipod.
Do you leave them off, at zero, neutral or normal or whatever!
Or do you use the EQ even using the line out.
I will receive this ipod next week.

On my Cowon X5 I use the line out to amp and it's only GOOD(even VERY GOOD
tongue.gif
) when the EQ is set at zero and NOR(nothing).

If there is any kind of EQ or effect the sound output is crap.

regards,

Oct 7, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #83 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've found that with the Classic, keeping it set to FLAT seems to tame a little of the sibilance.

Someone else here to confirm this?

Oct 7, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #84 of 86
Best method for increasing sound quality in an ipod.

1. Place iPod in box.
2. Return to store.
3. Buy something else.

See, now wasn't that easy?

( I did it just to see how much **** I get )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back