tips for im716
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 9
Aside from Ety triflanges and foamies, the only other tip I have been able to get on the IM716 are the Shure softflex tips, and that took a little effort.

Be prepared for a good wait if you order new tips and filters from Altec Lansing. It took my order about 2 1/2 weeks to get to me, unless they have gotten better about that sort of thing in the past 4 months.

Mar 27, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 9
I just checked a few threads and the shure softflex seems to be favored over triflanges (in those threads at least). I am not 100% sure the Ety tips will fit the IM716, as the barrels are slightly different, but they should be close enough. I'm too tired to search any further tonight. Good luck with whatever you choose to use.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 9
I like the soft flexes a lot more than triflanges because they offer much better comfort. If I were to get some more tips, I'd get the new Shure black foamies
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Are Shure softflexies like the foamies that came with iM716 phones? Cuz those are the only ones that have been comfortable in my ears and make a good seal. Or does anyone know where to get original AL foamies from Europe?

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 9
They're far more comfortable than the foamies. The soft flexes are basically a single soft silicone flange, shaped like a.. err.. umm.. I don't know how to put it without being a tiny bit obscene.

kite7's avatar has a picture of the Soft Flexes on the iM716.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Soft Flex is my favorite tip, bar none.
smily_headphones1.gif

X2... I use the smalls when I would normally take a medium sized foamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back