Tips for HJE900 and S4 ?
Mar 1, 2010 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ragz06

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the valuble info I have gotten from your experiences and information. I have been listening to Shure 210's for the last couple of years, and have really enjoyed them, but am ready for a sound upgrade. Thanks to your info, I decided on the bang for the buck Panasonic HJE900's and Klipsch S4's.
My question, and if there is already a thread, please direct me to it--I did search but didn't see any specific info : I LOVED the comfort/fit/isolation of my Shure's, and I know many folks recommend Shure tips for other IEM's. Will Shure tips fit the Panasonic HJE900 or Klipsch S4 ? I know Comply tips will fit the S4, but don't think they will the HJE900's. I'm just trying to plan if I am not satisfied with the fit on my 2 new phones when they arrive.
Thanks again folks!!

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 8
you should really try the stock klipsch tips. they are the most comfortable for me, and provide great isolation with the "insert and twist" trick.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ragz06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question, and if there is already a thread, please direct me to it--I did search but didn't see any specific info : I LOVED the comfort/fit/isolation of my Shure's, and I know many folks recommend Shure tips for other IEM's. Will Shure tips fit the Panasonic HJE900 or Klipsch S4 ? I know Comply tips will fit the S4, but don't think they will the HJE900's. I'm just trying to plan if I am not satisfied with the fit on my 2 new phones when they arrive.
Thanks again folks!!

Shure tips should fit on the S4 just fine. Comply tips come in different sizes - the 100 size (T100 or Tx100) should fit on the S4 and the 400 size (T400 and Tx400) fits the HJE900.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Would just like to come in and say that I personally wouldn't recommend the complies, unless you have no tolerance whatsoever for sibilance or hard hitting highs. The sibilance has mostly gone with my HJE900s as well. The complies kill the treble too much for me on them, and others have echoed this sentiment. If you want to have a warmer signature while not killing treble, I'd recommend the sony hybrids, which are the most comfotable silicone tips I've tried yet. The S4s are supposed to be super comfortable though.

As a note though, the complies are great if inserted on the nozzle backwards. The treble attenuation seems to happen on the tip where where core doesn't extend to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back