Tips for FX500s?
Nov 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lnvisible

100+ Head-Fier
Looking to get a new pair of tips for my JVC-Victor FX500s. The only 3rd party tips I've ever used were Comply's for my Turbines, and they felt absolutely amazing, and increase the overall "punch" of the bass dramatically, so I am looking to get some for my JVCs. Any suggestions?

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Bump. Anyone give any suggestions?

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I realize this may be rather late in coming, and you may no longer even own the FX-500's by this time, but the top tips in my book for this pair of phones are as follows:

1. ~ $15.00 USD:  HiFiMAN/Head-Direct "RE" series Bi-Flange Silicone tip, sold as a kit at head-direct.com with 2 pair of Bi-Flange tips and a set of stick-on filters. Personally I find these sets to sound the best of the bunch, and collect the least wax, and they fit my ears very comfortably.

2. ~ $5.00 USD: KOSS "KE29" "Earcushions" for IEM's, nice fitting, good with mids and treble while slightly de-emphasizing but not excessively toning-down the bass character. the thickness of the single-flange tips may be bothersome. I found them a bit "floppy".

3. ~ 8.00 USD: SONY Hybrid Silicone Multipack, there's a range of sizes, but basically you get ONE pair in the size you find that fits you. These fit nicely, kind of "suction themselves into your ear cavity" and slightly place empasis on the bass.

5. ~ ??? USD: SHURE Black Foam Sleeve (decored) "Olives" (medium) (for me)

6. ~ ??? USD: Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Tips: These fit well, feel great (a nice silicone elastomer material) and give a nice character to the sound. (Medium) works for me, but I wish they had a size between (Med) and (Large)... That would be ideal.. and of course... they dont. boo hoo.

ENJOY!

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 4
Comply Ts400 or Ts500 (Ts, not T).
Best fit.

They do wonders on the Fx700s, whose stock tips are crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back