Tips for deeper insertion/ tighter seal for Sennheiser IE80
Aug 1, 2012 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

solaris7

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
Despite the millions of tips that come with these IEM's none of them seem to be doing the job well. The best ones for me seem to be the small foam tips but they come off way too easily, every time I shake my head or move around (I wear these over the ear). Do you guys have any other recommendations? I know that the Sony hybrid's were a popular choice for the IE8's, is the general consensus still the same?

Thanks

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 9
I was having a quick look for you the other day. The general consensus is Jay's tips work well with IE80?, I could be wrong. I'm going to give you a link to the IE80 impression thread. Once you have it opened top of the page it will say "search this thread" type in tips and have a read of the results. http://www.head-fi.org/t/569527/sennheiser-ie80s-impressions-thread

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 9
The New Monstersupertips are supposed to be universal.

Goto monstersupertips.com and check.

Cheers, Jim

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #6 of 9
Hey, I had the exact same problem as you! There's a thread on tips for the IE8 that I followed and they replacement tips from Meelectronics and they work wonders! You can see them in this picture; they're the ones at the very top.  You can email them and request to only have those tips like I did.  The tips are single flange and are extra tall so I feel they isolate much better!

Hoped this helped.

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Hey, I had the exact same problem as you! There's a thread on tips for the IE8 that I followed and they replacement tips from Meelectronics and they work wonders! You can see them in this picture; they're the ones at the very top.  You can email them and request to only have those tips like I did.  The tips are single flange and are extra tall so I feel they isolate much better!

Hoped this helped.

I read far and wide and decided to try the meelec tips as well. After trying three or four different options out of the $10 pack, I finally have the perfect seal for this set!

FWIW the small-medium bi-flange tips are the ones that work the best for my ears. The silicon material these are made from also feels much softer than the stock ones that come with the ie80s.

The exact product I purchased is called "MEElectronics Original Eartips for M11+/M11P+ Earphones (10 pairs of ear tips) (Black)" if anyone was as skeptical as I was when ordering.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Oct 25, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 9
Hi, you know any tips that can be bought in 2018 from the european amazon site ?
Thank’s.
I tried Dr. Beats “christmastree” like tips and I am using for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back