Tips for carrying around IEM's?
Dec 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #31 of 49
Hmm. IMHO, I do not approve this way of wrapping the cable. I want to preserve the cable as much as possible in the long run so I ought to do something similar to this:

I guess you're right on the wire. However in an enviornment or moment when you cant have a case on you or no room for one, it keeps the wire from flopping around in your pocket and the most important parts aren't bending.

I won't be able to carry a case in my pocket. I have had bad experience with pocket headphone pouches where it puts creases on the end with the jack, so the headphones by themselves is my best bet.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #34 of 49
Quote:
Those cheap $5 leather round earbud case do works, as I have 2 of those for my C5 and UE900.  A tip for that is after you loop your cables with 3 of your fingers, put ONLY the looped part into the net side of the case and leave your 3.5mm plug and the buds out and close it.  That way when you take your buds back out nothing will get tangled.  The Klipsch X10 case (and punch in general) require a different approach, as looping your cables will still cause the cables to tangle.  What you need to do for that is not to loop but fold the cables in half successively, with one side of the fold slightly longer than the other, put your buds in first then with the rest of the cables on top.  This way when you try to take out the buds from the X10 case, you are grabbing the cable first and not the buds or the plug.  Works every time.

thanks for the advice, but i just cant seem to do what you are recommending for the X10.  it always turns out so messy.  can you take a pic?

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:
I think you have misunderstood my reply. What I'm trying to say is that I do not approve the tight-wrap method as seen on the youtube link posted in the above quote on my previous reply. What I'm doing with my iems is similar on your way of keeping the cables neat. I wrap them loosely in a circular fashion so as not to stress the cables. Kindly re-read my reply, I also quoted your picture
tongue.gif

This is good also. OP could also take a look into "monitor vault" by Westone. I've seen one in person and can attest to its durability and protection for iem though a bit pricey but I think it's a good investment nevertheless.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/monitor-vault-smoke.html

thanks for the suggestion.  how big is the vault?  i dont want overly huge lol

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:
thanks for the advice, but i just cant seem to do what you are recommending for the X10.  it always turns out so messy.  can you take a pic?

Ok here is the complete tutorial from for my 2 methods:

First method: for the X10 box or pouch:

1 step: fold the X10, or any ear buds or IEMs, into halves, with the buds side slightly longer.  Then fold the remaining cables into halves again, but make sure it is still shorter than the plug side.

2, fold the cables again.

3, one more fold for the last time.

4, put the buds and the plugs into the box / pouch first.

5, put the remaining cables on top, then close the box / pouch.  Therefore, the next time you want to use your buds, just grab the top part of the cables, and the rest will not get tangled.

Second method: for ear buds case with netting:

1, start with the plug end of the cable and do the first loop with your 3 fingers.  Notice the plug section is longer then the loop.

2, continue to loop until your buds section is also longer than the loop.  Notice that if you loop it too tight or lose, your buds end maybe too long or short, so adjust when necessary.  Also, if your buds have a remote or mic, then try not to put too much tension on the cables while looping.

3, put only the loop part into the netting of the case, and leave the plug and buds out of it.

4, lastly, put the plug and buds into the case then close it.  Here you might need to adjust how your buds and cables are placed if your IEM has memory cables or in odd shape.  If you have the UE900 or IEM of similar design, then you need to turn the buds 90 degrees to not have the case pressing on the memory cable when closed.  For something akin to the Bowers & Wilkins C5, you will have to be extra careful and not have the buds pressing onto each other.

That's it, I hope this helps.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:
Ok here is the complete tutorial from for my 2 methods:

First method: for the X10 box or pouch:

1 step: fold the X10, or any ear buds or IEMs, into halves, with the buds side slightly longer.  Then fold the remaining cables into halves again, but make sure it is still shorter than the plug side.

2, fold the cables again.

3, one more fold for the last time.

4, put the buds and the plugs into the box / pouch first.

5, put the remaining cables on top, then close the box / pouch.  Therefore, the next time you want to use your buds, just grab the top part of the cables, and the rest will not get tangled.

Second method: for ear buds case with netting:

1, start with the plug end of the cable and do the first loop with your 3 fingers.  Notice the plug section is longer then the loop.

2, continue to loop until your buds section is also longer than the loop.  Notice that if you loop it too tight or lose, your buds end maybe too long or short, so adjust when necessary.  Also, if your buds have a remote or mic, then try not to put too much tension on the cables while looping.

3, put only the loop part into the netting of the case, and leave the plug and buds out of it.

4, lastly, put the plug and buds into the case then close it.  Here you might need to adjust how your buds and cables are placed if your IEM has memory cables or in odd shape.  If you have the UE900 or IEM of similar design, then you need to turn the buds 90 degrees to not have the case pressing on the memory cable when closed.  For something akin to the Bowers & Wilkins C5, you will have to be extra careful and not have the buds pressing onto each other.

That's it, I hope this helps.

dude this was beautiful!  thanks!

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #40 of 49
No problem, grad to help.  BTW, you can get those round netted leather ear buds case for $5 from Amazon.  I always get the ones from Bluecell as it always comes with extra like a velcro cable tie or tablet stylus for free.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #42 of 49
It's a cheap man made leather case that's slightly softer than the X10 box.  It is good enough for everyday use and drops, but of course it will not with stands a heavy crush.  I use it for my UE900 and I am not too worry about it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:
It's a cheap man made leather case that's slightly softer than the X10 box.  It is good enough for everyday use and drops, but of course it will not with stands a heavy crush.  I use it for my UE900 and I am not too worry about it.

ok thanks drsheep, also do you know any good cases for over the ear headphones?  couldn't seem to find any decent ones on amazon.  they are relatively smaller than most.  heres a pic.
20100619sa-jvc-ha-s150-bx-flats-headphones-300x300.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back