Tips for carrying around IEM's?
Dec 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

bobjohnson201

New Head-Fier
I recently got the Klipsch Image X10 and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about carrying it around.  From what I understand, these aren't the most durable IEM's and I really dont want them to break.  Do you guys just wrap your IEM around your phone/ipod and stuff in your pocket?  or do you use a case and store it in like a backpack or something?  It did come with a pretty solid case.

thanks

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 49
You should always try and carry them another way besides wrapping them up and putting them in you pocket as that's one of the main reasons peoples brake and damage the cables.  A carrying case is probably the best option while on the go, I know it might not be the most convenient but your IEM's will last so much longer.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 49
Quote:
You should always try and carry them another way besides wrapping them up and putting them in you pocket as that's one of the main reasons peoples brake and damage the cables.  A carrying case is probably the best option while on the go, I know it might not be the most convenient but your IEM's will last so much longer.

thanks man i appreciate it.  i carry a lot of books and a laptop in my backpack, so I guess I should just like dedicate a small compartment in my backpack for my IEMs.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 49
I don't always have room for a case, but I never wrap them around my phone. I always wrap them in a specific way where you wrap the wire around itself. They don't tangle or put strain on the wire. Usually just drop them in my pocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVYocRGho9U

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 49
In a hard carry case. Here's one I use, it's small enough to fit in a pocket or I can throw it in my bag and not worry about it getting crushed(I only use hard carry cases, pouches suck).

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 49
Quote:
In a hard carry case. Here's one I use, it's small enough to fit in a pocket or I can throw it in my bag and not worry about it getting crushed(I only use hard carry cases, pouches suck).

thanks man, yea i just felt the case that came with my x10 and it definitely feels pretty sturdy so thats good news

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 49
During the winter & late/early fall, I place several safety pins along the insides of my jacket. Then I place the cord inside the space of the pins. That way I dont have to worry about them falling off when I need to remove them from my ears and just remove the player from my pocket when I remove the jacket.

All other seasons, I use the Sony MDR EX300/500 IEMs since they have a J-sling cord which serves around the neck when not in use too. I love the deep warm sound they give. Too bad they're discontinued.

I never take out my expensive earphones out of home for fear of losing them or even hitting them against something (like doors etc)

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 49
I am a bad person and don't use my case for my set. I generally have them on the side pouch of my bag, for general access and switching on my ipod. When I am done, I usually just wrap them lightly and stick them in the same space.

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:
I never take out my expensive earphones out of home for fear of losing them or even hitting them against something (like doors etc)

I lost my prized SE425s this way. Fell out of my bag and got crushed by a bus. Still haven't decided on a replacement, I just love the thick Shure midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back