Tip Removing Problems
Dec 12, 2008 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
Okay well after a week my Shure 530's nozzles twisted off. Im using medium foams, any tips on how to take these fricken things off? Im using my back up shure se210's and it seems like the nozzles for these will twist off also if i put to much effort in. Are the tips supposed to be interchangeable? Like could i use the fit kit that came with the 530's on the 210's? Tips and Hints PLEASE!!!!!
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 9
Squeeze and rotate a little bit to break it loose. Do a little back and forth twist (a little clockwise then a little counterclockwise). That's the hardest part. Seems like they use a dab of Loctite or something. Once it breaks loose they rotate off freely.

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 9
nah sorry, right after it happened i packed it up and sent it out.
Like the whole nozzle just twisted, the tip broke and the twisted area covered up the hole on the headphones. Then again, I used alot of effort. It was fricking frustrating cause it didnt come off while the other side came off fine. *sigh* spent ten dollars shipping it back to shure. money is money. anyone have an idea what shipping Shure uses to send it back? priority? first class?

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I had the same thing happen to me a month and a half ago and i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often considering the thinness of the tube....luckily i was still under warranty...they sent my replacements via ups ground. They'll also send you an email when they send out the replacements but don't provide a tracking number

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same thing happen to me a month and a half ago and i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often considering the thinness of the tube....luckily i was still under warranty...they sent my replacements via ups ground. They'll also send you an email when they send out the replacements but don't provide a tracking number

oh man. how long did it take to arrive?

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from the time I sent them out, turnaround time was about 2 and a half to three weeks to get my replacements. It seemed a lot longer though.

nooooooo. They should receive my phones around saturday. Oh man, this means im going to be using my dull 210's for a week or two. damn damn damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back