Tip on Replacing Shure Eartips
Jan 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

briankeeeem

New Head-Fier
As those of you who own Shure IEM's would know, the eartips on these little buggers are damn hard to pull off and put back on. Trying to do so with your bare hands will most likely result in a mangled and torn eartip (in the case of the foam tips). However, I  have come up with a solution to this problem!

With your Shure IEM's, should come an eartip cleaner. On one side will be a little metal hook, and the other will just be a little piece of plastic sticking out. What purpose this plastic nub is intended for I do not know, but it comes in very handy when trying to replace the eartips.

If removing the eartip, CAREFULLY wedge the stick in between the nozzle and the base of the tip and wiggle your way around the circumference of the nozzle while pushing the stick outwards away from the nozzle. Doing this properly should result in a clean removal.

If inserting an eartip, place the stick in the opening of the eartip facing your ear, and merely push the eartip onto the nozzle. Once the ear tip cannot go any further, merely repeat the same movement used to remove the eartip, to push the eartip further down the nozzle.

I don't believe anyone else has shared this method of replacing the Shure eartips, at least not on this forum.

I really don't understand why Shure sees the need to have the eartip base be made of rubber. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 3
 I found that tips come off really easy by prying with each fingernail thumb, on each side of the tip. They just slip right off with hardly no pressure. Thanks for your post!!. So many people have this proble, especially using shure tips on other products (Westone)

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Mmm good idea! Never thought of it. Was wondering how to remove em too! D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back