tip mod for e3/e5: mixed tips (tri flange + ultra soft)
Jan 13, 2005 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

frankcent

100+ Head-Fier
ipod5jt.jpg

tools: nail clippers (they are very handy for cutting the tri flange tips), the largest flange pieces and smallest ultra soft silicon tips.

Today, I was playing with all the tips I have again, and came up with this. to make sure that the silicon pieces do not stay in my ears when I pull the canalphones out, I have completely removed the stems on the largest flange pieces. With these mixed tips, I can get a very secure and tight fit. this might not work for everyone. but if you are not satisfied with the triple flange tips, its worth a try. they look very awkward though...

EDITED: oops. Mr. Moderator, please move this thread to headphone forum. thanks.

Jan 13, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Can you show a picture with the flex sleeves removed? It looks like you just removed the top two flanges, and slid the flex sleeve on after the bottom flange, am I correct?

Jan 13, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Can you show a picture with the flex sleeves removed? It looks like you just removed the top two flanges, and slid the flex sleeve on after the bottom flange, am I correct?

yes. my first bi flange tips had the bottom ones removed and they didnt stay tightly. so, I cut the top one off, put middle ones on after the bottom ones and made them typical bi flange tips. so, I can easily switch between the typical bi flange tips and the mixed tips. since the tip is not one piece but two, they are more likely to stay in the ears if you just aggressively drag the phones out. but it has never happened to me.

ipod0014xs.jpg

ipod0063fo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back