Tiny right-angle 3.5mm male plug and thin, lightweight cables that are good quality? For use with headset/microphone setup.
Jan 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CZ Eddie

100+ Head-Fier
I know I really should search for this.  But it's not my forte, so I'd need to learn the basics of cables to know what to look for.
And I've spent about nine hours so far just researching something else, so I'm quite frankly, I'm all Google'd out at the moment.  

Can someone point me to a TINY sized right-angle 3.5mm male jack and some good quality, but thin/lightweight cables?  I don't want to spend much money, but I don't want to buy crap either.

This is for a DIY helmet speaker/microphone setup.  I'll be installing 2" speakers into my helmet and installing a wind-resistant microphone at the front of the helmet and using an HTC APT-X Bluetooth headset dongle to tie it all together.

But I want to solder in my own headset wiring.  Something low noise but durable.  

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 4
I do most of my rewiring work with mogami 2893 (4 conductors), ordered from redco. 

Alternatively, try markektek for the same parts. Either site would have the right angled 3.5mm too.

It should cost you less than 20 bucks or less all in all with shipping for a decent length as long as you're in the states.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 4
  I do most of my rewiring work with mogami 2893 (4 conductors), ordered from redco. 

Alternatively, try markektek for the same parts. Either site would have the right angled 3.5mm too.

It should cost you less than 20 bucks or less all in all with shipping for a decent length as long as you're in the states.

The Mogami 2893 just went onto my wishlist.  Thanks, it looks like a nice cable at a decent price:
http://www.redco.com/Mogami-W2893.html

Will continue looking for inexpensive but good 3.5mm adapters tomorrow.  
Thanks for the suggestions!

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 4
Can't go wrong with the Mogami 2893.  I get mine from Redco as well.  The four conductors inside of the cable can be stripped out and used as thin wires, are stranded copper and very flexible and durable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back