Tiny 1/8 adapter for the recessed iphone jack
Sep 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #16 of 25
What about retermination?
smily_headphones1.gif

img5008bs7.jpg

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 25
Don't forget about the Shure MPA. It's a high quality iPhone plug that also includes the mic/switch. Seems like the best idea, since you not only get the right sized plug, but you can use whatever high end headphones/earbuds/iems you want AND you can talk, too.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from the MPA, that Griffin does look pretty nice. I guess if you don't need the mic, that's a good solution.

A good functional solution, but probably a serious compromise when it comes to sound quality. I've heard good things about the sound quality through the Belkin adapter, but that thing isn't just awkward, it's ridiculous. How could they possibly have needed all that space to achieve such a simple goal?

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #21 of 25
I've gotta go with threEchelon.

If you're on here, chances are you're competent enough to make your own cable. If not, I'm sure someone on here could make one for you. Using silver wires probably beats the sh!t out of anything sold by Belkin or Griffin.

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #22 of 25
Does anybody knows how the little button in the iPhone earbud works?

If it's really simple, It would be possible to make an adapter wich plugs into the iPhone, has an regular headphone plug and a long cable just with the button (or maybe also a microfone). It would be possible to put it together with any good IEM and have the original iPhone earbud funcionalities. I like that button to pause/skip.

Is it possible?

Like this (in the post the kinda draw i did looks like crap but i thin u can see it by pasting it in the notepad):

adaptor plugged in the iPhone
|
_________ | ______=O regular headphone
| /
plug o==<
iPhone | \_______________(==) Button and mic
|

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:45 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by acaua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody knows how the little button in the iPhone earbud works?

If it's really simple, It would be possible to make an adapter wich plugs into the iPhone, has an regular headphone plug and a long cable just with the button (or maybe also a microfone). It would be possible to put it together with any good IEM and have the original iPhone earbud funcionalities. I like that button to pause/skip.

Is it possible?

Like this:

adaptor plugged in the iPhone
|
_______ | ______<=O regular headphone plug
| /
plug o==<
iPhone | \__________________(==) Button and mic
|

something like this? http://www.ultimatebuds.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back