Tinnitus
Aug 13, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 28
Been around a while, mainly for research and reviews. Purchased some quality equipment over the years from here.
Based on the information you have kindly provided, I’m now looking for suitable headphones to pair with this:
Hiby R6 2020 Copper Chassis.

Audeze LCD-2C could probably be driven ok or even well from your Hiby. They're warm and a bit gooey but very enjoyable with many types of music. And build quality is quite wonderful on these.

They're open but they still slam quite hard with enough power and volume, so as the previous posters have all said, listen at low/comfortable volumes.

Aug 13, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #17 of 28
I would say that you need to see a doctor and discuss your options. 9+ years of torture for me so far. Every day all day. I have to hear “around” the constant high pitched screaming. And of course severe tinnitus is associated with depression. Duh! Mine started during a temporary Eustachian tube malfunction and hasn’t left since. I’ve had the tests and attempted treatments that did not work. Doctors don’t understand this condition at all and seem to just shrug it off because there’s nothing they can do to fix it. In the meantime, their patients who have it feel like they’re going insane. Visiting ear wax removal doctor once in six months makes it a little more bearable, but of course it never goes away.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 28
Apr 15, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #20 of 28
came across this article on NPR.

++

Got tinnitus? A device that tickles the tongue helps this musician find relief.

Imagine if every moment is filled with a high-pitched buzz or ring that you can't turn off.

More than 25 million adults in the U.S., have a condition called tinnitus, according to the American Tinnitus Association. It can be stressful, even panic-inducing and difficult to manage. Dozens of factors can contribute to the onset of tinnitus, including hearing loss, exposure to loud noise or a viral illness.

There's no cure, but there are a range of strategies to reduce the symptoms and make it less bothersome, including hearing aids, mindfulness therapy, and one newer option – a device approved by the FDA to treat tinnitus using electrical stimulation of the tongue.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...01055/tinnitus-hearing-loss-ringing-ear-noise

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #21 of 28
Hi
Thanks for that, appreciated.
I’ve already been assessed by an audiologist. He advised permanent hearing damage.
My tinnitus is a high pitched hiss, I’m not always conscious of it , especially if I’m preoccupied with something.
I listen to music to distract me from the tinnitus… :beyersmile:

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #22 of 28
malkie23
you mentioned that sometimes you are forgetting about the Tinnitus. That means that it is not that serious. I would say, as long You have pleasure in listening to the music, You should be doing that.
I also have that condition, usually I do not think about it. It is only when i go to sleep, put ear protectors at work or headphones and start some classical music that I can hear it. In calm places as well. I can hear it right now. Luckily it is not as strong as by some other people. So I really do hope that the medicine will find a cure for it. At least in the beginning for people with the most severe Tinnitus.

Apr 21, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #23 of 28
I recommend using only open back headphones at moderate volume. IEMs and closed back headphones aggravate my tinnitus.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #24 of 28
I recommend using only open back headphones at moderate volume. IEMs and closed back headphones aggravate my tinnitus.

I have (thankfully mild) tinnitus that emerged suddenly a little over a year ago.

My ear doctor / audiologist flat-out instructed me to stop using IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #26 of 28
I have (thankfully mild) tinnitus that emerged suddenly a little over a year ago.

My ear doctor / audiologist flat-out instructed me to stop using IEMs.
Out of curiosity, did they share any physiological / technical reason why this would be the case? I would assume it’s strictly volume that’s the risk, regardless of source.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #27 of 28
Out of curiosity, did they share any physiological / technical reason why this would be the case? I would assume it’s strictly volume that’s the risk, regardless of source.

She explained it as something akin to "overpressure" in the ear canal (not the exact word she used - I'm paraphrasing). Devices that act directly on the eardrum, with less buffer or outlet for the sound wave are worst according to her, so: closed IEM > open IEM > closed over-ear > open over-ear > speakers.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #28 of 28
Hi all, newbie here just started thumbing through the forums and saw this thread and thought I would throw in my two cents.
Ive had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. To me It sounds very loud but I don't know how it compares to others. I don't notice it until I think of it or am reminded by someone (thanks guys). Apparently after having it for so long I'm able to tune it out when I am distracted. Listening to music through speakers, headphones or IEMS are a great relief. Volume is not important, it's the distraction that works for me. I always listen at low moderate volume.
I'm newly into IEMS for the last 4 months. I've collected a dozen so far. They are more comfortable than over ear headphones and sound better to me. Not only is the listening a distraction but the hobby of collecting, reading the reviews and shopping for them is a good distraction.
The only solution from doctors that I have visited is to get a hearing aid. Other than the tinnitus my hearing is good. I am not going to be a slave to a hearing aid. Someone here mentioned that a doctor said to stop using IEMS yet a hearing aid is actually an IEM, figure that out.
I'm sorry that I am not any help but I just wanted to share my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back