Tinnitus...
Oct 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

the Jackal

100+ Head-Fier
I woke up this morning with the WORST ringing noise i've ever heard in my life. Its so bad that i havent even put my headphones on all day. I'm seriously afraid that i could permanently loose my hearing from listening to my headphones anymore. Anyone else in this situation? I've had the little ringing noise, but this morning it was like someone was holding a tuning fork next to both ears for about 2 minutes, ****ing agonizing pain. Should i just sell equip. and get normal bookshelf speaker?

Oct 16, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Belive it or not, headphones are better for that problem.

Here is what I did. I had the ringing, it was so annoying, I couldnt sleep, when I ate or touched around my ear, I would get an echo, from the noise.

Anways, I had my ears flushed, with water at the clinic/hospital. That solved it for about 2 weeks, without any ringing. It came back, at the lowest level for the past week or so, but I can handle, it ONLY because I know it can be worse.

When I am in silence, I here it

As for speakers, headphones, when I had the ringing at the worst, I couldnt even listen to speakers, as there would be a point in the music, where the ring would effect that noice level. As for headphones, nothing from what I can tell

Give it 4 days, if it dosnt stop, try flushing the ears, if that fails, see a docter, but I think headphones will be your best bet

Oct 17, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, kind of what i wanted to hear since i just invested so much in my headphone paraphernalia. Interesting, i convinced myself that since the speaker is farther away, it would cause less damage.

Has it ever awakened you before? I'm usually a heavy sleeper, but last night was terrible.

Is there any hope of decreasing the frequency of ringing? I'm NOT going to listen to my music loud anymore or extended sessions.

Oct 17, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 5
I would suggest flushing your ears. Most cases, wax can be pushed inside your ears, and vibrate. Even if you think you have clean ears. So from there, you could decrease the ringing volume.

My ringing is in one ear, and its probably a 2 out of 10, for noice factor. But its so low, that it can bug me, because of that. I do not hear it when I am using headphones, or with noise around me, BUT my computer makes a noise that in turn makes my ringing to about a level 4 out of 10.

It dosnt wake me up, BUT it takes me longer to get to sleep, and keeps me awake, if I wake up at night. I belive its wax pushed in my ears, and vibrating. I have had my ears flushed twice, but I cant lose the last part of the ringing.

As for headphones/speakers. Right off the bat, I prefer headphones to speakers. So when this happened, I thought to myself, wow I am totaly screwed, I wont be able to listen to music again. That was when the rining was alot worse. But it got better, and even when it was worse, headphones did not bother me AT ALL. But, in ear, earbuds did, and speakers. Car speakers, home speakers, even the work tools. It has something to do with the frequency, that headphones I own, dont give off I guess.

I never really listened to loud music. I was probably a 4 out of 10, in my car, 4 or 5 out of 13 with my portable Xm radio, and about 45-50% through my computer headphones. I dont think thats what gave me the ringings, because I dont have it in both, and I got it one day, after using a Q-TIP, as minutes after, I heard it.

I will probably see a doctor about it, in a few weeks, but as long as it dosnt get worse, its not too horrible.

There is stuff people take, to help titinus (sp). There is no cure sadly. Best of luck, and see a docter or get your ears flushed (but make sure you get told about ear flushing, before you do it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back