tinnitus, sensitive ears, and volume.
Jan 28, 2014 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pharaoh

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Due to some recent health issues, constant tinnitus, volume sensitive ears,migraines, and the diagnosis of meniere's being tossed around all the dr's I've seen,  I'm concerned about what to use for my main listening? IEM vs full size headphones.

Mainly i use my HD650s, and re-400 as my iem. I've been listening to both at very low volumes recently. In theory, the iem's are closer to your ears so they could be potentially more likely to cause discomfort, alternatively, the isolation allows for much quieter volumes.  I understand it will be lots of trial and error to see which my ears prefer, but I'm curious to what anyone else with sensitive ears does to keep your ears happy, and letting you continue to enjoy your music without worry.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 4
I have very sensitive hearing, so I listen at "insanely" low volumes. I know the music well enough that I know when to listen and what notes to anticipate. If I can't quite hear it, my mind compensates.

When I'm trying to be especially gentle, I use Fostex. I find planar magnetics to be less aggressive. T50RP is already semi-closed, and mods close them further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back