tinnitus info
May 17, 2003 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Tinnitus is my friend! Do not try to take it away from me. I cannot imagine life without tinnitus.

Oh, nothing CAN take it away? Whew!
rolleyes.gif

Actually, I'm always glad to check out some more possibilities for reducing it. I'll look at this link as soon as I swallow this aspirin, and finish this cup of tea.
wink.gif

May 18, 2003 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 5
That place seems to have a lot of information.
A quick look netted this gem Quote:

Do not stay in silent environments. Make sure to have some pleasant sounds or
music in the background. But don't play it so loud that you can't hear your
tinnitus if you were to listen for it.

If I had my music up loud enough to not hear my tinnitus it would be loud enough to make me deaf.
biggrin.gif

I had a few days releif from this ringing when I was taking some steroidal medicine prescribed by my doctor for a sciatic condition. I can't remember the name, but after a few days the ringing was down by about 80%
smily_headphones1.gif
. Within two days after I finished with that medication my ringing was right back to normal.
frown.gif

Thanks for the link, I will have to spend some time there.

May 18, 2003 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you VERY much. I've been worried about subtle ringing when I'm in quiet places recently. It's gotten worse for no reason recently, although I spent two years listening to crappy phones at loud volumes on buses and trains awhile ago. I think its recent increase may be a result of overworking, lack of sleep, etc. It seems also that this subtle ringing may not really be tinnitus.. it's not very loud. I want to see an audiologist, but for now this site will be very helpful, so thank you again.

May 19, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Have hope guys. Someone recently posted a new brain retraining technique. They say that the cause of tinitus is found in a specific portion of the brain and that, through playing tones, it possilbe to physically alter the brain and lessen tinitus. Maybe dubious, but who knows? Someday....
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back