Tinnitus, iem vs headphones vs tws?
Sep 24, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 20
Good luck to you! I have continued with the supplements and feel I am slowly getting more and more good days each month. My stereo system sounds better too.
@martinm0 I'm also dealing with it and using Tumeric, Magnesium, listening softer and learning how "mindfulness" can allow the music to be primary focus > extraneous noise. I'm definitely back to enjoying music with progressively less annoyance, and hope that occurs for you as well!

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #17 of 20
@martinm0 I'm also dealing with it and using Tumeric, Magnesium, listening softer and learning how "mindfulness" can allow the music to be primary focus > extraneous noise. I'm definitely back to enjoying music with progressively less annoyance, and hope that occurs for you as well!

Good! I have not tried adding Magnesium yet - but think I will.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #19 of 20

Very interesting. I will say I have tried the mindfulness approach, but it seems to cause me to end up hearing the ringing more than allowing me to hear the music.

I actually do better if music is playing and I'm occupied with other tasks. It seems to allow me to not focus on the ringing as much. And like all things, there are good days and worse days. I believe, for me, that added stress seems to induce more ringing. Part of me wonders if there is some muscle contraction or response happening that causes this more. (I have some other jaw issues that create pressure in my ear canals.)

Oh, the joys of getting older...

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #20 of 20
Yes, I too think stress makes it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back