tinhifi p1 - campfire audio (DJENT and progressive)
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 26
I am even more happy for my incoming P1 now!
Awesome! You should find yourself quite happy with it. Sorry for casting doubt re the P1/SR25 synergy. It'll be good. With the PowerDAC, it'll be better. Should have just kept it simple as that.

You're not making a poor choice either way. That SR15 can grow with you, but it may just have difficulty with over-ears that need a little more juice. Even my HD6XX could use more power than what the SR25 provides.
Yes i had a listening to that white willow album now and it Is beautiful indeed.
But what is Sub Lunar?
These Polish dudes:

Guys, you made me happy, i cant wait Monday for my p1 + a Properzio dap.
Benissimo! Excited to see what you think of it!
I just ordered the cable, even thought amzn doesnt know about the arrival date 🤣
Great thinking! Should be easier to A/B them against the stock cable to see which you prefer. Might be worth taking some time to learn about more effective ways to unplug MMCX connectors so you don't accidentally damage them. Can be tricky at first, but it's very simple. I prefer the fingernail method myself.
I hope that my Audient id14 is enough for them at least. In the meanwhile i am really excited for the upcoming Twelve foot ninja records
As far as budget interfaces go, there's only two I recommend. The Audient and Behringer's UM line (think that's what it's called). It'll be a good source for now, but you may be able to hear the ID14's noise floor with the P1. Don't be discouraged if you do.

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 26
Kinera in general is hard to get, sadly.

I am even more happy for my incoming P1 now!

Yes i had a listening to that white willow album now and it Is beautiful indeed.
But what is Sub Lunar?

Guys, you made me happy, i cant wait Monday for my p1 + a Properzio dap.

I really wish the Sr15 has enough juice for the p1.

I just ordered the cable, even thought amzn doesnt know about the arrival date 🤣

I hope that my Audient id14 is enough for them at least. In the meanwhile i am really excited for the upcoming Twelve foot ninja records
They are a band out of (I believe) Norway, and they are fantastic. I emailed them, and they said they were working on a new album, but don't have (mainstream) band management, so has been tough for them. Their production value for this album is fantastic though.

Edit: LOL you beat me to it. And your right, they are a Polish band.

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 26
Awesome! You should find yourself quite happy with it. Sorry for casting doubt re the P1/SR25 synergy. It'll be good. With the PowerDAC, it'll be better. Should have just kept it simple as that.

You're not making a poor choice either way. That SR15 can grow with you, but it may just have difficulty with over-ears that need a little more juice. Even my HD6XX could use more power than what the SR25 provides.
Just remember though, the DD HD6XX need more wattage to drive well. The P1 need more amperage (pretty much true for all planars), because on paper they should be easy to drive right from a phone.

Great thinking! Should be easier to A/B them against the stock cable to see which you prefer. Might be worth taking some time to learn about more effective ways to unplug MMCX connectors so you don't accidentally damage them. Can be tricky at first, but it's very simple. I prefer the fingernail method myself.
Good thing you ordered a new cable, because (IMO) the stock cable is not very good, though serviceable.

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #19 of 26

These Polish dudes:

Awesome! I love this kind of calmer but still groovy progressive but i lack knowledge of it. In fact i prefer the Haken of the first bassist, although I like also the new course.
Do you know rishloo and the feather gun?

Or lunatic soul? this is pure gold out of this album (navvie is hipnotic) edit: I thought I had linked "the fountain"

Or this?
edit: wanted to link "ebb and flow"

I think you might enjoy.
Benissimo! Excited to see what you think of it!
Are you Italian?
As far as budget interfaces go, there's only two I recommend. The Audient and Behringer's UM line (think that's what it's called). It'll be a good source for now, but you may be able to hear the ID14's noise floor with the P1. Don't be discouraged if you do.
Do you engineer sound perhaps?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 26
Awesome! I love this kind of calmer but still groovy progressive but i lack knowledge of it. In fact i prefer the Haken of the first bassist, although I like also the new course.
Do you know rishloo and the feather gun?

Or lunatic soul?
Duda's on a completely different level. Riverside was already a treat. You're going to like those Lunatic Soul albums on the P1.

Have Rishloo and the Feather Gun as well. That's some real funky stuff.
Or this?
edit: wanted to link "ebb and flow"

Oooh that's a new one. I'm down. Here's one in trade. Consider it a Tool-a-like:

Are you Italian?
My mother's mother is from the Barolo region. When things become a little more sane, it would be nice to finally travel and have some good wine.
Do you engineer sound perhaps?
Thought about it at one point, but there's too much networking involved. I'd go crazy. I do dabble in sound design a bit, but nothing really publishable. Just noodling.

How about you?

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 26
Oooh that's a new one. I'm down. Here's one in trade. Consider it a Tool-a-like:

t

Not too much into tool b-sides a couple of songs but this one hits a bell
How about you?
I am Italian, but from an unknown region called Basilicata. Fun fact: we make wine that s on par or maybe better than Barolo sold at 10 times less price only because it Is unknown. It is called Aglianico del Vulture and a bottle like "terre d'orazio" is pretty good and goes for 7€ while an award winning like Alvolo stays below 20, if you are interested in wine.
For the rest i am about to do my final master year and this made me think: what if instead of getting the powerdac i save up those 60€ and get directly a chord mojo at my graduation?

Ok that track's psytrance part is super super cooooool ahahahaha

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #22 of 26
Just remember though, the DD HD6XX need more wattage to drive well. The P1 need more amperage (pretty much true for all planars), because on paper they should be easy to drive right from a phone.
You, much like Ohm, have a point. The P1 are very current-hungry. The 6XX just need mo' powa.
Good thing you ordered a new cable, because (IMO) the stock cable is not very good, though serviceable.
Yeah, it'll do the trick and it's considerably better than what even Tin used to pack in the T2/Pro. Tripowin will still feel better in the hand, won't have a bunch of bends in it, etc.
Not too much into tool b-sides a couple of songs but this one hits a bell

Ok that track's psytrance part is super super cooooool ahahahaha
Definitely agree. Their solo project is a little less eclectic than this and fell off my radar. Glad I gave 'em a chance. Unfortunately, their mastering could use work on some tracks.

Glad you found Organic Hard Drive! That one really threw me for a loop the first time, too. Would not have expected that transition either. Do you doof?
I am Italian, but from an unknown region called Basilicata. Fun fact: we make wine that s on par or maybe better than Barolo sold at 10 times less price only because it Is unknown. It is called Aglianico del Vulture and a bottle like "terre d'orazio" is pretty good and goes for 7€ while an award winning like Alvolo stays below 20, if you are interested in wine.
If it's good wine, of course I'm interested. Will keep an eye out here for some Terre d'Orazio at the world markets here. Probably won't be lucky enough to find it at anywhere close to 7 euro (expecting a 200-300% markup for the import costs).
For the rest i am about to do my final master year and this made me think: what if instead of getting the powerdac i save up those 60€ and get directly a chord mojo at my graduation?
I've heard good things about the Mojo, but not so much about the Poly, its companion. Seems to be a royal pain to operate. With the SR15 on the way, it's probably redundant as well unless you're looking for Chord's DACs specifically.

But you could save that money and see if something else doesn't pop up in the meantime.

Do I assume correctly that you're not looking into Campfire anymore?

Jul 14, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #23 of 26
PXL_20210714_233932290~2.jpg

Album's not bad at all. Lot of post-hardcore influences. Tonally, it's not as exciting as I would expect on the CAs. I think the heavier low-end on the Honeydew is hurting it in this case, but at least there's low end. A little EQ helps, but still not very well-separated.
IMG_20210714_164530.jpg

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #24 of 26
what if instead of getting the powerdac i save up those 60€ and get directly a chord mojo at my graduation?
If you gotta' have a DAC that would be a good choice. If you are just looking for a great amp, I have been reading that the Cayin C9 is all the rage (and I wish I could afford it). It can either be a tube amp, or SS. I have not heard it myself, but many on the DX300 thread are saying it sounds better than any of the summit-fi gear (Cayin M8, A&K SP2000, and Hiby R8). In all honesty, I can't imagine it sounding any better than the DX300 (maybe different, but not better depending on your tastes).

On another note, I just discovered this one. I'm diggin it.

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #25 of 26
Definitely agree. Their solo project is a little less eclectic than this and fell off my radar. Glad I gave 'em a chance. Unfortunately, their mastering could use work on some tracks.
Glad you found Organic Hard Drive! That one really threw me for a loop the first time, too. Would not have expected that transition either. Do you doof?
I did not expect that transision but it was so seamless that when i realized what happened while already headbanging!
If it's good wine, of course I'm interested. Will keep an eye out here for some Terre d'Orazio at the world markets here. Probably won't be lucky enough to find it at anywhere close to 7 euro (expecting a 200-300% markup for the import costs).
Sure, it would be at higher price, but still unbeatable price to quality ratio. Unfortunately i do not think it is easy to find abroad. Consider what i said before, the price is so low becayse we are an abandoned/forgotten region, our wine is not known even in Italy. I cannot find it easily even outside south Italy.
I've heard good things about the Mojo, but not so much about the Poly, its companion. Seems to be a royal pain to operate. With the SR15 on the way, it's probably redundant as well unless you're looking for Chord's DACs specifically.
Uh no, i thought about the chord mojo only because you suggested the PowerDAC to bring out life from p1. And yes, chord mojo looks amazing to me and i've read it is slighty warm which i might like. But it makes sense only if it is better than the powerdac you suggested.
Do I assume correctly that you're not looking into Campfire anymore?
I am not looking into CA candies anymore, i mean satsuma and honeydew ahah. But i am intrigued by the brand and those Holocene really looks amazing. I am discarding the idea of the Honeydew (even if i really like how they look) becasue of the resolution problem. I cannot hear the p1 bass until next week, but having a good bass IEM isn't bad at all. WIth the beryllium from the shozy form i was amazed by the bass. Alien by Northalne, (prog but reaaally heavy, but probably my AOTY) was insanely good with those earphones, and the way they transimmeted drum's toms, no way!! I also tend to use some music that can enjoy a great bass, so i would be really interested in a beryllium driver for bass, somethgin dedicated to medium and something dedicated to high freq. In mediums i just want life,joy and energy. High frequencies i just ask them to be clear and in their own space, not drowned in the mud, like what happened with those shozy. Those shozy medium were quite dead, but if not for the messy cymbals and hi hat i probably would have retained those.
If you gotta' have a DAC that would be a good choice. If you are just looking for a great amp, I have been reading that the Cayin C9 is all the rage (and I wish I could afford it). It can either be a tube amp, or SS.
To be honest i have no idea what i need. I still do not have enough practise with dac/preamp yet, i was talking about dac only becasue @miserybeforethemusic told me about how of a great pair the powerDAC makes with p1.
If i ever get an amp i feel like i want to try those valvolar with the valve on sight. But those are desktops...
On another note, I just discovered this one. I'm diggin it.

Man, that drummer is sick! That reminds me, make sure you checked on VOLA. I think applause of a distant crowd is amazing but their last work is special too, in its kindness and delicacy. Also, take a look at the playthourgh of their drummer, the guy is fire. They play prog metal without scream, full of synths and groovy riffs.

OT: untile now i talked about the shozy form 1.1, but i just saw they made a 1.4 version where they fixed the treble. Probably that's what i want to grab, even tho they are not cheap compared to 1.1

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #26 of 26
okay thanks. Lucid planet II is astonishing and has all the quirkness i like in music, plus they are very capables. If only the guitarist were better and had better writing skills i would have been satisfied with this year music discovery ahahah but really thanks i am enjoying this album!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back