Tin T2 or Blon BL03 for a gift (Below $50)

Cheap IEM for gifting friend?

• Tin T2

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Blon BL03

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moondrop SSR/SSP

• ZS10 Pro

• Other

• Total voters
Oct 7, 2021 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DiMenezes

New Head-Fier
I want to buy an IEM as a gift for a good friend of mine. Unfortunately I can't give him high end stuff but thankfully he is pretty humble so anything decent will do him fine.
I was thinking on picking either a Tin T2, Moondrop SSR or a BLON BL03, some cheap IEMs that are considered good.

About his tastes, he mostly watches movies. Our days of high action movies are long gone so he watches more horror, drama, cerebral stuff, things like that.
For music he enjoys movie scores a lot and instrumental music in general. He likes Bon Jovi too but it has been a good while since he hasn't listened to it, as far as I know.

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 7
BL03 supposedly sound great for the money but based on posts I've seen many people seem to have fit issues with it, so the T2 is probably the safer option.

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 7
BL03 supposedly sound great for the money but based on posts I've seen many people seem to have fit issues with it, so the T2 is probably the safer option.
Maybe the T2+ for a better fit? Tripowin TC-01 is anther winner.

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Maybe the T2+ for a better fit? Tripowin TC-01 is anther winner.
I have heard the sound of the T2+ isn't as good as the original T2. Would you say it is better for movies?
About the Tripowin, I have heard a lot about their cables but I honestly had not heard about their IEMs. I'll look into them and consider.

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 7
I have heard the sound of the T2+ isn't as good as the original T2. Would you say it is better for movies?
About the Tripowin, I have heard a lot about their cables but I honestly had not heard about their IEMs. I'll look into them and consider.
Sound is close to the same, if not better. The original T2 fits me fine, but not everyone likes stuffing canal-type IEMs in deep.

I think the TC-01 out-performs the Blon. It's very small, so tips might also need an after-market solution.

If you are looking for the absolute best sound staging IEM, then the Final Audio B4 is that. It's 2.5 times the price of the T2, but your friend might thank you that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back