Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #406 of 673
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if the change in sound is from the higher output power from the Qudelix 5K in balanced mode rather than the cable itself. Will continue to listen and make sure what I'm hearing is correct.
Output impedance can influence the sound, and a higher OI can make some IEMs sound muddy and dark. Running in balanced often times doubles the OI, though I don’t think that’s the case with the 5K, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Feb 7, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #407 of 673
Output impedance can influence the sound, and a higher OI can make some IEMs sound muddy and dark. Running in balanced often times doubles the OI, though I don’t think that’s the case with the 5K, so I’m not sure what’s going on.
This is all I can find on impedance and output power on the manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-003249.png
    Screenshot_20210207-003249.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210207-003316.png
    Screenshot_20210207-003316.png
    365.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #408 of 673
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #409 of 673
Just bought a used T3 for about 35$ and it sounded pretty good for me so far after a day of using it. The bass kinda took a back seat in this iem but I don't mind it since i'm not much of a basshead. I was warned by the seller that the T3 will have some vocal sibilance but it will eventually ease up after longer burn-in. The seller only used it for less than 10 hours. It does have some sibilance while listening to it but not too crazy. It does required me to notch the volume up 1 or 2 so I guess it's slightly more power hungry than my old iem (TFZ Exclusive 1). Gonna take a while for my ears to get used to this new iem but I'm liking it so far. Overall better than my previous iem.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #411 of 673
In general, the higher you go up the ladder, the diminishing returns start to kick in hard.
If I could give a ballpark figure, from budget -> midfi -> TOTL IEMs, each bracket gives u about 10 - 30% improvement sonically (subjectively) compared to the preceding bracket, but the price is exponentially more by almost 3 - 10 times each price bracket you jump up.

The sweetspot I would say is somewhere in the $100 - 300ish regions, that's where the most bang for buck is, IMHO.

U can consider the LZ A7 if u want a good upgrade. It has 10 tuning sound signatures, anything from neutralish to U shaped to V shaped, so very versatile. Excellent technicalities, fit, isolation and very good timbre for a hybrid containing piezo. Easy to drive too, no amp needed.

For an amp, it would be useful for certain IEMs with very low sensitivity +/- high impedance, or with certain driver types like planars. Dynamic drivers in general also scale better with a dedicated amp. Multi BA types generally don't benefit from amping, and in fact too much power may skew their frequency response.

IMHO, in terms of price to benefit ratio in the audio chain, I would say upgrade the transducer first (eg the headphone/earbud/IEM), then the amp later on if you have cash. Eartips are also very important in the sonic chain, but its a YMMV situation as we all have different ear anatomies. Thereafter if u still have cash to burn, then u can explore different DACs, Music file bitrate and type (eg lossless vs lossy) and even cables. I would put cables as the last area to upgrade.
Thanks for the great explanation, i will look into the lz a7. Yea i would like to get maybe 40% improvement and would be willing to pay. I

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #413 of 673
Update on my cable situation. I'm not sure if it's just the additional power from balanced mode on the Qudelix 5K, or the cable, or a combination of both, but the earphones are much louder using the 2.5mm balanced KBEar cable compared to stock. Comparing the same track and adjusting for what my ears perceive as similar volume, they sound the same.

Really loving the Tin T2+, much more than the BL-03 I returned. They have a decent amount of bass, but more importantly, the mid-bass isn't overdone. The mids are my favorite thing about them and vocals sound great, and I haven't found the treble offensive. They seem like good all-arounders to me and are a nice departure from the ever-popular V-shaped sound signature in this price range. Sometimes, their really deep sub-bass performance can leave a bit to be desired, but it's not close to being a deal-breaker for me. The fit is great, though I'd sometimes get hotspots, from the stock cable I think, but a slight adjustment forward/additional slack usually solves it. Stock tips are good too. Very happy with this purchase - they're keepers and I'm happy to have a single DD in my collection!

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #414 of 673
Hello everyone,

So for the past weeks i have been reading and watching reviews of some iem cause this will be my very first and i pull the trigger on the t2 plus cause i have found it for $30 with shipping included and the reviews is very positive. So the problems comes that it has a mmcx connector and i Iave read in this forum that mmcx wont last very long or it has some issue with it. I also been searching in the internet of what is the cause of the mmcx to be loose and cant seem to find the right answer. Is it cause by changing always of the cable or it will just loose eventually? I am afraid cause i am a heavy user and as much as possible i want my iem to last long. Thanks in advance 😁..

P.S sorry for my bad english 😅

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #415 of 673
@krussell019 I have both 2 pin and MMCX iems and cables. I have N E V E R had a problem with an MMCX connection. I actually prefer mmcx to 2 pin. The only risk with modern mmcx is if you are constantly pulling the cable out of the connector and reinserting. I mean really doing that a lot. The majority of iems and cables is no problem with regular use. Relax and enjoy!

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #416 of 673
Hello everyone,

So for the past weeks i have been reading and watching reviews of some iem cause this will be my very first and i pull the trigger on the t2 plus cause i have found it for $30 with shipping included and the reviews is very positive. So the problems comes that it has a mmcx connector and i Iave read in this forum that mmcx wont last very long or it has some issue with it. I also been searching in the internet of what is the cause of the mmcx to be loose and cant seem to find the right answer. Is it cause by changing always of the cable or it will just loose eventually? I am afraid cause i am a heavy user and as much as possible i want my iem to last long. Thanks in advance 😁..

As with everything mechanical...

1. It depends on the manufacturing quality (of both the male and female sides). The T2 Plus is one of the good ones, and IT00 is probably the best I ever came across. The T2 and T2 Pro are loose out of the box.

2. The more friction it encounters, the more wear it has, the worse it will get. The problem is, with MMCX the cable can rotate just with daily use, which increases wear. This doesn't happen with two-pin.

But it's not all bad. With mmcx you get to choose the angle of the cable which might make fit and comfort 200% better. I almost sold my FH3 because of how bad it fit, until I realized I don't have to align the cable "straight" (if that makes sense). I rotated the cable so it's angled inwards a little bit and now the FH3 fits like a dream.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #417 of 673
Hello everyone,

As with many things (and the nature of mass production in general), YMMV. If you get a good sample and handle your gear with care (e.g. don't change cables every single day, don't use excessive force when swapping cables, always pull the connector straight out and not at an angle), there's no reason why the MMCX connection wouldn't stand the test of time. I wouldn't let this aspect worry me when it comes to a $30 IEM anyway.

Feb 14, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #420 of 673
I also have not had any problems with MMCX connectors, including all of my Tin IEMs, though the T4 socket has me concerned, so I treat it gingerly. Just don’t swap cables too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back