Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #376 of 673
I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my T4. I'm looking for something with a balanced sound, great details (clear notes and clear separation of each instrument especially when there are many things going on in the track), soundstage, and good weight to the sound. Personally, I prefer a neutral sound signature. I listen to a wide variety of genres, but as of right now, a lot of soundtracks/musicals. I was looking at the NiceHCK Litz 4N Pure Silver Cable 8 core. Has anyone tried them? Are there any other suggestions that you would recommend.
I thought that a pure silver cable would be to bright with the T4, but I ended up liking the T4 with a pure silver cable the best. It seemed to provide the best clarity, soundstage, and transients. I’m using the TRN T3, but my recommendation would be either the KBEar Limpid Pro or the NiceHCK LitzPS Pro. Both of the pro versions are 8 core. If on a tight budget, you could opt for the non-pro 4 core versions.

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #377 of 673
I thought that a pure silver cable would be to bright with the T4, but I ended up liking the T4 with a pure silver cable the best. It seemed to provide the best clarity, soundstage, and transients. I’m using the TRN T3, but my recommendation would be either the KBEar Limpid Pro or the NiceHCK LitzPS Pro. Both of the pro versions are 8 core. If on a tight budget, you could opt for the non-pro 4 core versions.
Have you tried the TRN T2? I have TRN T2,T3, T4 and T6 and i think the T2 provides the best balanced sound.

Jan 18, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #378 of 673
Have you tried the TRN T2? I have TRN T2,T3, T4 and T6 and i think the T2 provides the best balanced sound.
I don’t have the TRN T2, but have tried some other SPC cables. I didn’t notice a night and day difference, it was subtle, but I liked the sound of the pure silver cable.

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #379 of 673
A pair of T2 Plus and T4 have arrived here. While both have a good sound I really have to say how much better the ergonomics of the T2+ are. They are much easier to insert for me, the cable does better move around the ears and the actually always seal when I insert them. That's probably enough reason for me to keep the T2+ and return the T4.
After having listened to both I have to admit, that the T4 is the better sounding IEM for me.
But to get the best sound from the T4 I have to use the small tips and insert it as far as possible into the ear canal. And I can indeed put it deeper into the ear than the T2+. Therefore my biggest complaints about the T4 are still the bad ergonomics because of the 90° angle between nozzle and MMCX connector. Seal is perfect for me with the small tips.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: The T4s often slowly slip out of the ears, therefore I have to to push them in again every few minutes (not perfect).

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #380 of 673
Hi everyone!

So I bought a used pair of T2+ a couple of months ago and it has an imbalance in the sound. After looking more closely apparently the left filter (the side that has a lower volume) looks like this:

IMG_20210123_130335.jpg

1. Do you think that has anything to do with the imbalance?
2. What do you suggest I do to fix the filter?

Cheers

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #381 of 673
Hi everyone!

So I bought a used pair of T2+ a couple of months ago and it has an imbalance in the sound. After looking more closely apparently the left filter (the side that has a lower volume) looks like this:

IMG_20210123_130335.jpg

Cheers

I have this same kind of imbalance problem, but not with the filter. Sent them to casei for warranty and got the new pair :)
I have a plan to replace the filter also since it easily rust and too dense.
Could you do it first since yours already pop up?
Idk maybe with moondrop filters or something aftermarket?

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #382 of 673
I have this same kind of imbalance problem, but not with the filter. Sent them to casei for warranty and got the new pair :)
I have a plan to replace the filter also since it easily rust and too dense.
Could you do it first since yours already pop up?
Idk maybe with moondrop filters or something aftermarket?
I bought it used, and it's been months ago lol.. I regret not joining headfi sooner!

I played with the filter (using a sim card ejector) and managed to get it ~90% straightened out), and I'm pretty sure the sound also got 90% straightened out as well.

I'm looking at the filter and it just seems to tight/sense.. The moondrop filters I've seen always looked like grills with big holes.. But hey, maybe someday I will! Cheers

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #383 of 673
I bought it used, and it's been months ago lol.. I regret not joining headfi sooner!

I played with the filter (using a sim card ejector) and managed to get it ~90% straightened out), and I'm pretty sure the sound also got 90% straightened out as well.

I'm looking at the filter and it just seems to tight/sense.. The moondrop filters I've seen always looked like grills with big holes.. But hey, maybe someday I will! Cheers

I also joined recently but silent reader since 2018.

For the above picture, is it comes with mesh or only a filter? I'm not sure with only look.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #384 of 673
Hi everyone!

Cheers
it's a moisture issue,
just replace the filter, it's cheap,

or use a silica gel to remove the moisture,

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #385 of 673
it's a moisture issue,

I think so. There are some tiny dew moisture outside grill when i had night till early morning listening season recently. Forgot to take a picture because i got panic, went to grab my wife hairdryer and dry the nozzles out.
From then, i will always dry T2+ after listening season.

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #386 of 673
Do you also get the impression that the TRN T2 muffles the treble a little bit, making the sound somewhat smoother?

I also joined recently but silent reader since 2018.

For the above picture, is it comes with mesh or only a filter? I'm not sure with only look.
I don't know the difference between the two, sorry. If I had to guess, a filter is fabric and a mesh is metal? In they case I'd say it's just a filter because it was so pliable.

it's a moisture issue,

Thanks! They've been imbalanced consistently for so long, I'm not sure moisture is the issue.. But I'm sure willing to try!

Do you know what size they are, or what other model shares the same size?

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #387 of 673
I don't know the difference between the two, sorry. If I had to guess, a filter is fabric and a mesh is metal? In they case I'd say it's just a filter because it was so pliable.

Let me correct. Filter is either metal grill and fabric or metal grill only.
Then it only metal grill at T2+ filter, right?
Hmm.. I can't find any T2+ filter mod online so i'm afraid to do it first.
Have to much trouble already when doing teardown iems 😅

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #388 of 673
Do you also get the impression that the TRN T2 muffles the treble a little bit, making the sound somewhat smoother?

Thanks! They've been imbalanced consistently for so long, I'm not sure moisture is the issue.. But I'm sure willing to try!

Do you know what size they are, or what other model shares the same size?
Moondrop Kxxs, 4.3mm,
search for a standart metal mesh filter,
so it doesn't change the sound,
or if you find the T2+ to be a bit bright use this "3 layer mesh filter moondrop",
it reduce the upper mid/lower treble,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-222333671 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-222333671 (1).jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back