TIMSOK Audio Thread-- Discussions and Impressions
Dec 30, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #31 of 58
I won't make a big post about it, but I have been massively enjoying the TS-316. It brought my back into the hobby and I ordered the Hiby R3 II as a dedicated player just because of this IEM. It's a joy to listen to and strikes a near perfect balance throughout the frequency for me. It's fun, but still detailed enough, great dynamics with the right source, at the moment the Android App Poweramp set to hi-res output channel and the Moondrop Dawn. And the build quality might be close to Sennheiser IEM level. The only weak point is the cable imo. I am not really into searching for sound differences in cables, but the ergonomics and noise is not great with the stock cable. I heard Timsok also makes cables themselves, but I cannot find any online.

What cables are you guys using? I am not sure I will ever switch, since I use this IEM only stationary anyway, but still interesting to know some alternatives.

Dec 30, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #32 of 58
I won't make a big post about it, but I have been massively enjoying the TS-316. It brought my back into the hobby and I ordered the Hiby R3 II as a dedicated player just because of this IEM. It's a joy to listen to and strikes a near perfect balance throughout the frequency for me. It's fun, but still detailed enough, great dynamics with the right source, at the moment the Android App Poweramp set to hi-res output channel and the Moondrop Dawn. And the build quality might be close to Sennheiser IEM level. The only weak point is the cable imo. I am not really into searching for sound differences in cables, but the ergonomics and noise is not great with the stock cable. I heard Timsok also makes cables themselves, but I cannot find any online.

What cables are you guys using? I am not sure I will ever switch, since I use this IEM only stationary anyway, but still interesting to know some alternatives.

It’s a fantastic set, I adore it and even with Perpetua only here a couple of days, I’m still finding time for TS-316.

Currently using the Effect Audio cable that comes with Kinera Loki… I only put it on as I went for a walk the other day and no way I’d use stock in that scenario, like you I’ll probably revert to the stock as I’ll mostly listen at home.

Listening to The Cinematic Orchestra and sounding fantastic.

IMG_9773.jpeg

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #33 of 58

Been enjoying Eletech's Cassiel (SPC) – lush mids, textural bass/sub bass while maintaining extended treble for clarity and definition.

EA Ares S x Cadmus 8w (XMAS cable) arrived today and need to run it in for a bit before impressions – chrome hardware is purdy paired with SOKs 🤭

PXL_20231230_191211405.RAW-01.COVER.jpeg

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #34 of 58
Been enjoying Eletech's Cassiel (SPC) – lush mids, textural bass/sub bass while maintaining extended treble for clarity and definition.

EA Ares S x Cadmus 8w (XMAS cable) arrived today and need to run it in for a bit before impressions – chrome hardware is purdy paired with SOKs 🤭

PXL_20231230_191211405.RAW-01.COVER.jpeg

Looks fantastic along with the N30 🔥

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #35 of 58
It’s a fantastic set, I adore it and even with Perpetua only here a couple of days, I’m still finding time for TS-316.

Currently using the Effect Audio cable that comes with Kinera Loki… I only put it on as I went for a walk the other day and no way I’d use stock in that scenario, like you I’ll probably revert to the stock as I’ll mostly listen at home.

Listening to The Cinematic Orchestra and sounding fantastic.

IMG_9773.jpeg
Thanks for these and your other impressions. I've been intrigued since Musicteck announced them and the only thing holding me back is already having and thoroughly enjoying my Xelento 2. I don't need or want to replicate similar IEMS and I love the diminutive size of the Beyers. I know you had the Xelentos, any chance you could offer a few points of comparison from your memory of them?

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #36 of 58
Thanks for these and your other impressions. I've been intrigued since Musicteck announced them and the only thing holding me back is already having and thoroughly enjoying my Xelento 2. I don't need or want to replicate similar IEMS and I love the diminutive size of the Beyers. I know you had the Xelentos, any chance you could offer a few points of comparison from your memory of them?

Yes Xelento 2 are fantastic, definitely regret letting go of them! Hard to say as it’s been several months but from memory I would say bass digs deeper on TS-316, and more holographic - I remember X2 having incredibly impressive imaging, but the TIMSOK leans more holographic and spacious sounding. I think they probably share similarities in as far as both being relatively balanced and work with any genres… X2 possibly a faster driver but TS certainly not slow either. X2 possibly a safer sounding set, TS a bit more exciting but probably not a huge difference. I do think it would offer a different flavour but whether you actually ‘need’ it or not is another matter :)

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #37 of 58
And there the TS-316 is ordered as first 2024 purchase, been lusting after a new DD. I trust @Scuba Devils and look really forward to get it.
I am also very curious how they compare to the Simgot EA1000 and 634ears Miroak-II that are my faovorite single DDs.
I have one more faovorite but it is quite different beast of a tuning, VE Grand Duke.

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #38 of 58
And there the TS-316 is ordered as first 2024 purchase, been lusting after a new DD. I trust @Scuba Devils and look really forward to get it.
I am also very curious how they compare to the Simgot EA1000 and 634ears Miroak-II that are my faovorite single DDs.
I have one more faovorite but it is quite different beast of a tuning, VE Grand Duke.

Congrats, hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Currently doing a great job with the 2nd volume of the Planet Love compilation we recently discussed!

Jan 2, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #39 of 58
Nice! Looking forward to your comparisons :)

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #40 of 58
Just got the TIMSOK TS-316, two day delivery from @MusicTeck to Norway is impressive.
One word to describe the sound: Musical
I know its a almost cliché word to use, but its just what TS-316 is for me.

I don't have my Simgot EA1000 here now, but from memory this seem as technical but better tuned for my taste.
Warmer and less aggressive sounding, but still plenty of energy to sound excellent with speedy metal or other fast genres.
And a warm natural timbre that is wonderful with acoustic music like jazz.
Wonderful midrange, love how nuanced and emotional voices are.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #41 of 58
Just got the TIMSOK TS-316, two day delivery from @MusicTeck to Norway is impressive.
One word to describe the sound: Musical
I know its a almost cliché word to use, but its just what TS-316 is for me.

I don't have my EA1000 here, but from memory this seem as technical but better tuned for my taste.
Warmer and less aggressive sounding, but still plenty of energy to sound excellent with speedy metal.

Ja ja, that's how I'd describe my "2-SOKs" – a bit cliche but very musical for a single DD. On my 2nd hr listening sesh today and appropriately themed track :k701smile:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #42 of 58
Been enjoying the TIMSOK TS-316 alot more than I thought I would, again showing me how much I love a good coherent single DD.
Actually made me sell a IEM I didn't think I would anytime soon, the tribrid DTE900.
Not that they sound exactly the same, but there are plenty of similarities.
Energy being forward and fun, warm bass and mids but here more coherent and crisp.
Even the highs have something extra that DTE900 lacks, not that DTE900 ever was bad there.

Still haven't had the opportunity to test against the SIMGOT EA1000, but I never felt the same when I reviewed that one.

Also is very versatile where I like most I put on from fusion jazz to more hardcore death metal, right now enjoying one of my faovorite electronic albums New Light from Gidge.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #43 of 58
Jan 22, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #44 of 58
Had a break for a week to work on a review and to test some new stuff coming in, tried the TS-316 again last night. Again I am reminded how much I love this set, clear and fun sounding. Enjoy it with most genres, be it smooth jazz or more on the other side brutal death metal also. An allrounder for sure.

Now enjoying the Rising Sun album by Takuya Kuroda while doing answering some emails at work.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #45 of 58
Hey Leonarfd, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love your taste in music. Would like to ask how you would compare the Timsok to the Aur Audio Ascension? I have the NP that I love but the thought of having a good sounding DD set is quite alluring. I’d be using the RU7 and Hiby R6 pro ii as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back