TIMSOK Audio Thread-- Discussions and Impressions
Jan 22, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #46 of 58
Hey Leonarfd, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love your taste in music. Would like to ask how you would compare the Timsok to the Aur Audio Ascension? I have the NP that I love but the thought of having a good sounding DD set is quite alluring. I’d be using the RU7 and Hiby R6 pro ii as well.
Neon Pro, TS-316 and Ascension are all quite different from each other and can be good to have together in your collection.

Both Ascension and TS-316 are what I would call warm signatures. Good midrange and extended treble with good air. But sound very different.

TS-316 has a more clear and speedy sound,
Bass slam harder. Both have excellent sub bass extension and good mid bass. Both have good vocals, but here its perhaps more clinical. There's also more energy/spiciness in the midrange and low treble on TIMSOK, specially noticable on brass or cymbals.

Ascension has a thicker and more analogue like sound, has slower but more textured low end. Midrange is more forward on vocals, but more withdrawn in the upper midrange making music more relaxed you can say. Soundstage and imaging has something extra on Ascension.

Not that TS-316 is super clinical, but compared to the Ascension the sound can seem more transparent and clinical.

Maybe ask yourself about comfort, the Ascension has a bigger nozzle than NP but a smaller shell. If it can become a problem, TS-316 will be a much better choice. Vague answer, go by your guts. Both are good choices.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #47 of 58
Neon Pro, TS-316 and Ascension are all quite different from each other and can be good to have together in your collection.

Both Ascension and TS-316 are what I would call warm signatures. Good midrange and extended treble with good air. But sound very different.

TS-316 has a more clear and speedy sound,
Bass slam harder. Both have excellent sub bass extension and good mid bass. Both have good vocals, but here its perhaps more clinical. There's also more energy/spiciness in the midrange and low treble on TIMSOK, specially noticable on brass or cymbals.

Ascension has a thicker and more analogue like sound, has slower but more textured low end. Midrange is more forward on vocals, but more withdrawn in the upper midrange making music more relaxed you can say. Soundstage and imaging has something extra on Ascension.

Not that TS-316 is super clinical, but compared to the Ascension the sound can seem more transparent and clinical.

Maybe ask yourself about comfort, the Ascension has a bigger nozzle than NP but a smaller shell. If it can become a problem, TS-316 will be a much better choice. Vague answer, go by your guts. Both are good choices.

Really appreciate the detailed breakdown. I seem to be leaning towards the Timsok at the moment - the higher energy in the midrange and treble is especially appealing, that and the (possibly) more coherent nature of a DD seems to be a win. I've been looking for a replacement for my Sony EX1000 and this seems to tick all the boxes!

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #49 of 58
Just received mine today (thanks @MusicTeck). Looking forward to putting it through its paces. So far this is one speedy and bassy IEM (in a good way - esp. for metal).

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #50 of 58
Also - I'm not the best with cables, but I can tell I'm not gonna be a big fan of the TS 316's cable (the right ear isn't looping so securely for me). I would love to hear folks' cable recommendations... obviously given the pricepoint of this IEM I don't anticipate throwing a ton of cash at this problem, but would love to get a sense of what folks like!

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #53 of 58
These little iem are big beasts. Fantastic sound for the price, they don't do anything wrong and are damn fun! Except for the cable, it's seriously unusable. Not by sound, but by its inflexibility and hardness. I use Stormbreaker by EE Odin. It pushes the sound even further. In the photo, size comparison of Odin, Timsok, Anni23.

20240305_182755.jpg
20240305_182833.jpg
20240305_183246.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #54 of 58
These little iem are big beasts. Fantastic sound for the price, they don't do anything wrong and are damn fun! Except for the cable, it's seriously unusable. Not by sound, but by its inflexibility and hardness. I use Stormbreaker by EE Odin. It pushes the sound even further. In the photo, size comparison of Odin, Timsok, Anni23.

The cable is the single biggest flaw in that package. That was a big mistake on Timsoks' part imo.

Mar 30, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #55 of 58
Does anybody here have a good, affordable after market cable they can recommend for the TS-316, with correct pin size? The microphonics on the stock cable are just so incredibly annoying sometimes...

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #56 of 58
Does anybody here have a good, affordable after market cable they can recommend for the TS-316, with correct pin size? The microphonics on the stock cable are just so incredibly annoying sometimes...

I used a good copper made from a friend, but this CEMA cable is nice and cheap. Just order the 2 pin.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004799002938.html?channel=twinner

If you dont want to order from AlieExpress:

this ddhifi cable, super light and comfortable.

https://hifi-passion.de/EN/Brands/ddHifi/1227/ddHifi-BC55A-Air-Nyx-SE

Dunu cables are always nice, they also have the best modular plug IMO.

https://hifi-passion.de/EN/Cable-Adapter/IEM-Cables/1494/DUNU-DUW-02S

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #57 of 58
The cable is the single biggest flaw in that package. That was a big mistake on Timsoks' part imo.

agreed-pirates.gif

At least it can be easily replaced with your cable of choice. :ksc75smile:

Not really sure what they were thinking by including a thick, stiff cable covered in pure white fabric. :confused:

FWIW, I almost never use the stock cable or eartips that come with most IEMs. :nerd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back