Timing Errors with Exact Audio Copy
Mar 27, 2004 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ROSSOred

Banned
Hello im copying uncompressed .WAV files and keep getting these timing errors. I have a BRAND new Samsung DVD drive and have been thru all the various calibbration utils on EAC but i still keep getting the odd timing error?

The CDs im copying are flawless and so they r not to blame. The samsung DVD drive is also brand new? Wot CD/DVD drive do you people use to get perfect copies? I've listened to the music and there doesnt seem to be any flaws where the timing errors occur can i just over look these?

This is serious as im making a library to last a life-time please help????

Mar 27, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 10
What do you mean by 'timing errors'? I don't think I've ever experienced that, even with badly scratched CDs. Do you mean Sync Error during extraction? That shouldn't matter, it just has to slow down to rip.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 27, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 10
well on certain tracks it says there r dubious sectors and gives u a 00:00:00 reading to listen to it. But at the end it does say NO ERRORS. but im just concered as i dont wanna comprimise on quality? So can i be rest assured everything is ok?

Mar 27, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 10
Hmm... if your CDs aren't scratched, as you say, I don't see why it should be giving you any errors. Unless they're copy protected. What speed (on average) are you getting in extraction?

And finally, if it says no errors, and you don't hear any problems, I'd say just trust it. Still, might be worth a Google.

Mar 28, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 10
Extracting at 7x is pretty good for secure mode; I usually get 4-6x on a non-scratched CD, with my 24x/12x/4x LG burner.

As I said, methinks you can just ignore it, but maybe try Googling for timing errors, or perhaps your drive and EAC, e.g. 'Samsung 123xxx EAC'. Or try subtituting 'exact audio copy' for EAC.

Mar 28, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 10
Thank you kind sir for ur help! heres a smile for u
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 10
I presume you fixed the problem, then?

And you're very welcome
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back